• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Glad I didn’t set the alarm - some things never seem to change
tbh before the match I wasn't confident that we'd reach three figures. Given the state of our top order and the lack of warm-ups we were never going to be remotely competitive.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
tbh before the match I wasn't confident that we'd reach three figures. Given the state of our top order and the lack of warm-ups we were never going to be remotely competitive.
Get 200 on the board and see what the spinners can do, SL do not have a strong batting line-up and have always had a very vulnerable tail

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Jennings actually looked very good from what I saw today.
No wonder he has runs in India. Looked comfy in whatever he did today. Mathews dropped sitter of him however.

Root what a miss. Glorious opportunity to shine on his 75th and his 1st Test in SL, instead became Herath's 100th at Galle.

Awful session of test cricket really.

Loose batting, loose bowling, plenty of wickets, plenty of runs.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If this is Bayliss and Root's brand new idea of how to play then lol. Root and Stokes shots were indefensible from their two most experienced batsmen. Terrible execution of shots they probably wouldn't have played were it not for 'our new bold approach'. Hopefully they make some adjustments going forward.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer

I think Richard Hadlee 431 wickets too, so hearth level with big guy.
434 kapil plus Broad 432 may be. Not sure.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Too much rains help spinners otherwise first day here, Totally batsman's paradise after 45 minutes of play.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
If this is Bayliss and Root's brand new idea of how to play then lol. Root and Stokes shots were indefensible from their two most experienced batsmen. Terrible execution of shots they probably wouldn't have played were it not for 'our new bold approach'. Hopefully they make some adjustments going forward.
I thought this bold new approach started a few years ago, and is a large part of why we collapse all the time.

Stop trying to be unduly attacking in any and all situations ffs. Hasn't worked over and over again, and will continue to not work the more you do it.

theegyptian

I thought this bold new approach started a few years ago, and is a large part of why we collapse all the time.

Stop trying to be unduly attacking in any and all situations ffs. Hasn't worked over and over again, and will continue to not work the more you do it.
In india they were pretty considered iirc.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Get 200 on the board and see what the spinners can do, SL do not have a strong batting line-up and have always had a very vulnerable tail
Just when we thought they might actually reach 200, they snare Buttler. Good recovery by these two, but the top order probably left them way too much to do.

theegyptian

Curran played ashwin better than anyone in the summer imo so I'd be interested and hopeful to see how well he goes here.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England aren't in a bad position. 200+ should be more than competitive.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The outfield looks very patchy. Need to work on drainage a bit. Foakes looks excellent. Perera outbowling Fatteh again.

Stapel

International Regular
England aren't in a bad position. 200+ should be more than competitive.
I was just wondering what would be a good score. Given some of the dismissals, one has to feel England could have been in a stronger position. Winning the toss and ending up with, say, 222 runs, never feels good.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's your take on the wicket? I've only caught a few comments here and there, but it seems to be fine so far.
Plenty of turn on offer. Batting first should definitely be an advantage.