• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moeen Ali racially abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No surprise SKennedy, who mercifully has been plenty quiet of late, sticks his head above the parapet to post in this thread.

I gather Mooen hasn’t named the player in question? I wish he would tbh. Part of me hopes it was Warner. It would be in everyone’s interests if the player was named.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
More unsavoury behaviour from the continent with no culture. Time to shut the whole place down.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
No surprise SKennedy, who mercifully has been plenty quiet of late, sticks his head above the parapet to post in this thread.

I gather Mooen hasn’t named the player in question? I wish he would tbh. Part of me hopes it was Warner. It would be in everyone’s interests if the player was named.
You'd see me a lot more of me if you showed an interest in the glories that is county cricket.

Burgey

The way CA ****s everything up, I expect their investigation to clear the player in question and to determine that Ali has questions to answer concerning his whereabouts in September 2001.

Burgey

Assuming he cbf, most certainly.

I reckon he’ll be begged into an England recall at some point though.

Burgey

This is actually reminding me to try and locate my membership badge. I had to join to get into the tour match in 2015 with the kids. Great little ground too. Was the sad day Rhino announced his retirement.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
This is actually reminding me to try and locate my membership badge. I had to join to get into the tour match in 2015 with the kids. Great little ground too. Was the sad day Rhino announced his retirement.
2015 would've been a great year to be in England.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I hope someone didn't say that to him (let's be perfectly honest, it's a bit offensive, but it's hardly the end of the ****ing world).

What I find a remarkably big coincidence is that this story is all over the cricket media right AND Moeen has a book due to be released next week. Staggering coincidence 8-)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I hope someone didn't say that to him (let's be perfectly honest, it's a bit offensive, but it's hardly the end of the ****ing world).

What I find a remarkably big coincidence is that this story is all over the cricket media right AND Moeen has a book due to be released next week. Staggering coincidence 8-)
Yes, it's a "staggering coincidence" that a story enters the public eye at a time the author of the story chooses to publish it.

I, like you, am amazed that nobody was talking about this story before they knew about it. How utterly extraordinary.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

LOL wat? Moeen writes a book and The Times are publishing excerpts from it........pretty standard stuff RH.

Staggering that you are trying to swing this around and put Moeen Ali up for some blame here.

Red

Yes, it's a "staggering coincidence" that a story enters the public eye at a time the author of the story chooses to publish it.

I, like you, am amazed that nobody was talking about this story before they knew about it. How utterly extraordinary.
Ha. Convenient scandal to sell a few ****** bios. Well done book publishers, the rest of us can get on with being utterly outraged at yet another scandal so you can sell a few ghost written pages of crap.

Red

LOL wat? Moeen writes a book and The Times are publishing excerpts from it........pretty standard stuff RH.

Staggering that you are trying to swing this around and put Moeen Ali up for some blame here.
I'm hardly blaming him. He has as much right as anyone to try and make a few dollars.

Burgey

Mooen Ali has questions to answer. I’m not saying he does, but people are saying it. Lots of people. Everywhere.

Burgey

Good to see noted #freedom warrior Corrin being offended by a few harmless words on a sporting fields.

Statist snowflake.

andmark

International Captain
A pessimist would say that his timing is on purpose for financial gain, but it really doesn't matter. Assuming Moeen's accusation is correct, the initial incident is the only thing which really matters- not Moeen's timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.