• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2018/19

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My XI for the next test:

Renshaw
Burns
Head
Maxwell
Labaschagne
Patterson
Paine
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Lyon

If Pattinson is fit we should play the meme quartet over Patterson.

Gnske

My XI for the next test:

Renshaw
Burns
Head
Maxwell
Labaschagne
Patterson
Paine
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Lyon

If Pattinson is fit we should play the meme quartet over Patterson.
Do it.

We have what, four more months to experiment at the very least in the midst of all this filth?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I think the Marsh's roles in the XI should be untenable and Khawaja is injured. And Labuschagne isn't good enough.

So who the **** comes in? Renshaw and Maxwell should be obvious....which means they probably don't pick them.

Who else? Burns I guess is next in line but I still don't rate him. Handscomb looks in horrid nick. Some of the kids might be closer to the side than we think.

Burgey

I quite like that XI but would like to see Finch at five, Labushagne out and of course Bertus at seven to keep and skipper the side.

Gnske

I'd like to predict a test team, but everyone's stocks are going to fluctuating so much before the first test. If Khawaja won't make it for the first test, it's open season.

Starfighter

I bet you, I just bet you that whatever shield matches the Marshes play, if they do, they will score sufficient runs to earn themselves other reign of **** in the side, if Pranger hasn't nailed them on already, which I think he has.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Im keeping an eye on Jake Lehmann. He had a terrible season last year but was rewarded with the captaincy. Pretty sure just the one century might put him into calculations.

Im so disillusioned by our team, I think only Lyon and Starc should be safe.

Burgey

I think Australian cricket culture definitely needs a Lehmann involved to shake it up.

Gnske

They're going to give an even more stupid test debuts this summer. I just know it. They might even sacrifice some poor saps for the India series just so the chosen men can feast on Sri Lanka afterwards.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Pucovski at 6. 3rd highest shield scorer ever before 21, 8th youngest double century in company of 4 test captains, and 2 big centuries (no 50's) in 7 games (188 and 243), what have we got to lose....

mr_mister

I wonder if Langers beef with Renshaw goes back to him having to retire diarreah last Asian trip. Could imagine him having a similar view to Border the stupid ****

Burgey

If he plays then there’s no Maxwell or Finch. Australia is only successful when there’s one or fewer Victorians in the side

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Pucovski at 6. 3rd highest shield scorer ever before 21, 8th youngest double century in company of 4 test captains, and 2 big centuries (no 50's) in 7 games (188 and 243), what have we got to lose....
Might be a Smokey if he does well in the next four matches

morgieb

His injury history worries, as does his lack of experience. If he does well in the next few Shield matches though I could see it happening...they did call up Renshaw off a similar amount of FC games in similar circumstances.

morgieb

Are Australian FC pitches very bowling friendly these days?
More bowler friendly than our Test pitches (saying very little admittedly), that is the case in every FC system though (bar New Zealand).

I think our batting stocks are just **** all round though.