• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Handy pace attack by WA this game, both Carey and Ferguson undone by good work from them. Deck doesn’t look quite as good as Carey was making it look too.

Top_Cat

Cooper never got going there. Just seems to have those days where he barely looks like a top-order bat. Both him and Ferguson glaring at the pitch ain’t gonna help ya when you’re already out, fellas.

brockley

International Captain
Cooper in now and out go you Green.Was going to say his opportunity to put Hoĺland to rest.
Rose and Milenko get Tassie home.Who needs Faulkner.

Top_Cat

SACA players struggling with the shorts ones nothing new eh.

Set up beautifully for another Valente meme ton.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

For what it’s worth, I do think there’s something a bit off about the WACA deck, one of those where the full balls really come on and the short ones hold up. But the compulsive pull shots, damn.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was a big fan of his when he was winning WCs for Australia. I don’t know he bloke personally but my understanding is he’s not universally loved and is quite a prickly fella.

There’s the famous story of him having a team bbq at his place and asking the team to chip in for the food he put on. Dunno if it’s true.
Stories I have heard involve him being incredibly up tight at cricket and pretty awful to be around when things weren’t going his way

stephen

Dwarshius was looking very good this morning until he took the wicket. Then he started bowling utter tripe.

Watching Handscomb bat I don't want him back in the Aussie side because watching him bat feels like someone grating my eyes with sandpaper. Simply the most ugly technique I've ever seen and not in a good or even comical way. Everything about it, including his silly warm up movements are hideous.

Gnske

Dwarshius was looking very good this morning until he took the wicket. Then he started bowling utter tripe.

Watching Handscomb bat I don't want him back in the Aussie side because watching him bat feels like someone grating my eyes with sandpaper. Simply the most ugly technique I've ever seen and not in a good or even comical way. Everything about it, including his silly warm up movements are hideous.
Some of the techniques in English county make Handscomb's look aesthetic as hell. It's not all that offensive to me anyway. You might barf up your guts if you see Dom Sibley's technique.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Handscomb's pre-delivery-stride stuff is really ungainly, but he's quite elegant-looking afterwards IMO. Warner trying to play length balls on the stumps makes me cringe much more.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure why NSW persisted with Henriques with the ball for so long in the first place, he looks more and more part time by the season

Gnske

Also we can begin the Hilton Cartwright bowlwatch for the season, first of many last night.