• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The schedule for the tour:

1st Test October 4 – 8 Rajkot
2nd Test October 12 – 16 Hyderabad
1st ODI October 21 Guwahati
2nd ODI October 24 Indore
3rd ODI October 27 Pune
4th ODI October 29 Mumbai
5th ODI November 1 Trivanthapuram
1st T20I November 4 Kolkata
2nd T20I November 6 Kanpur-Lucknow
3rd T20I November 11 Chennai

Borges

International Regular
Just two tests, and eight limited overs games? Disappointing.
The test venues have a reputation for being two of the most batsman friendly grounds in India.

Beamer

Windies squad:

Jason Holder (captain), Sunil Ambris, Devendra Bishoo, Kraigg Brathwaite, Roston Chase,Shane Dowrich, Shannon Gabriel,Jahmar Hamilton,Shimron Hetmyer, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Keemo Paul, Kieran Powell, Kemar Roach, Jomel Warrican

Very much looking forward to seeing how our test side does. It's clearly a tough ask but we've mostly been very competitive. Glad to see they've ended the Devon Smith saga and that Sunil Ambris is back. Warrican gets the second spinner slot, which is well deserved after his A team exploits.

The seam attack is particularly strong with excellent options in Gabriel, Roach, Paul and Joseph. Now Cummins has gone there is no weak link.

Beamer

Just two tests, and eight limited overs games? Disappointing.
The test venues have a reputation for being two of the most batsman friendly grounds in India.
Yep. Especially as our test side is now a lot stronger than our limited overs ones.

Borges

International Regular
They will have to play both the spinners, I suppose. So would it be a five man attack with Holder + two more quicks?

Beamer

They will have to play both the spinners, I suppose. So would it be a five man attack with Holder + two more quicks?
I imagine so. I guess the team will be:

Kraigg Brathwaite
Kieron Powell
Shai Hope
Royston Chase
Shimron Hetmeyer
Shane Dowrich
Jason Holder
Devendra Bishoo
Kemar Roach
Jamal Warrican/Keemo Paul
Shannon Gabriel

Not a bad team. This is an important your for Chase and Hope, they need to rediscover their previous form.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, those Tests may be rather dull I fear. I think the last Test Hyderabad hosted was against Bangladesh last year (high-scoring but ended in a comfortable win for India) and Rajkot was a road, though England briefly threatened to force a result.

Both games will definitely go to day 5.

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah, those Tests may be rather dull I fear. I think the last Test Hyderabad hosted was against Bangladesh last year (high-scoring but ended in a comfortable win for India) and Rajkot was a road, though England briefly threatened to force a result.

Both games will definitely go to day 5.

Ashwin and Jadeja combo at home against that batting lineup where Holder comes in at 7 = 0 chance both games go to day 5. It's a half decent batting line up but you are suggesting the odd 400+ score from Windies which wont happen

Borges

International Regular
It's a half decent batting line up but you are suggesting the odd 400+ score from Windies which wont happen
Bangladesh scored close to 400 in their first innings at Hyderabad; isn't this is a better batting line up than that?

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bangladesh scored close to 400 in their first innings at Hyderabad; isn't this is a better batting line up than that?
Perhaps once yes however my money would be on no, absolute maximum once in 4 innings against Ashwin and Jadeja at home, I was mainly debating the both games to day 5

vcs

My guess is Jaddu will be heavily called upon to bowl those 30 over spells and will take 5-100 a couple of times.

Beamer

If Chase and Hope rediscover their form they can at least make it competitive.

I have high hopes for Hetmeyer, he's our most natural player of spin for years, he can really dominate.

I'm also sure our pacers can cause some discomfort. Though I do concede that ultimately the likelihood is 4/5 day wins for India. Either way I'm looking forward to the tests.

Not the limited overs stuff though, that will be a massacre.

OverratedSanity

I don't mean this in a condescending or patronising way, I hope the windies are competitive... They definitely have loads of potential.

Slifer

International Captain
Wi have zero chance. Anything less than a two nil victory by India inside 3 days should be considered disappointing. That's how dominant India are at home. Plus wi are pretty dire. Sorry beamer but the truth is the truth.

Beamer

Wi have zero chance. Anything less than a two nil victory by India inside 3 days should be considered disappointing. That's how dominant India are at home. Plus wi are pretty dire. Sorry beamer but the truth is the truth.
India are dominant at home and I expect they will win comfortably. But I really don't think our test side can be described as dire anymore.

Our batting is still a bit rubbish yes. But we consistently bowl the opposition out, have excellent team spirit and have been winning test matches fairly consistently recently (the only horror tour we've had is NZ). I'm happy with the direction the test side is heading, even if progress isn't lightening quick.

The limited overs stuff, however, is a mess. They can't be denied.