• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst regular batsman for a top side

Mr Miyagi

Banned
So Cameron Bancroft makes this thread difficult as he has been banned, so perhaps he should be replaced by Joe Burns.

The leading contenders from current top 5 nations are Bavuma (SA), Malan (Eng) (Vince has already been dropped and Jennings is not yet regular) and Nicholls (NZ).

Post your further nominees and I will start a poll after. I suspect Bavuma and Nicholls may be the worst of the top 4 sides, but the sandpaper boys have brought Australia further into the firing line. Who is the worst potato in a goodish team?

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Stuart Binny for India and a **** load of 90s players.
Look, you know and it pains me nevertheless but if you go retrospective that Jeff Crowe and Ken Rutherford will take this out in a canter. :laugh:

Keep it modern, preferably current.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Courtney Walsh
Clearly a number XI for a reason. I respect you havn't discussed what you had for breakfast, but this thread is for batsman who are picked for batting. Not tailenders. Especially those of decades ago.

#6 is where I draw the line. Mitch Marsh nominations are welcome, not Walsh or Boult.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Hmm, don't think Nicholls counts since NZ is not a top side
:laugh:

True NZC is broke and penniless, but were 3rd before May and still 4th now with the Sandpaper banned boys ahead of us. I thought I was already being generous and including England in 5th :P

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Hmm, don't think Nicholls counts since NZ is not a top side
don't troll miyagi into ruining what could be a decent thread, also nicholls has solid competition from latham and raval

dippennaar immediately sprung to mind when i saw this thread. he wasn't a bad player but he's no kallis, gibbs or smith.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
don't troll miyagi into ruining what could be a decent thread, also nicholls has solid competition from latham and raval

dippennaar immediately sprung to mind when i saw this thread. he wasn't a bad player but he's no kallis, gibbs or smith.
Dippenaar was crap. An absolute contender.

Bijed

International Regular
In know SL aren't top 5, and he hasn't been playing in their last few tests, but Lahiru Thirimanne?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worst Player From Every Team XI

Joe Burns (Aus)
Keaton Jennings (Eng)
Devon Smith (WI)
Gunathilaka/Udawatte (SL)
Henry Nicholls (NZ)
Hardik Pandya (Ind)
Shadab Khab (Pak)
Afsar Zazai + (Afg)
Rubel Hossain (Ban)
Tyrone Kane (Ire)
Chris Mpofu (Zim)

12 Test teams and only 11 players so I left Bavuma out since I believe he's the best out of each country's worst.

Last edited: