• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pedro Collins v Ryan Sidebottom v Wahab Riaz

Who's the better bowler?

• Pedro Collins

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Ryan Sidebottom

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Wahab Riaz

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
Sorry smali, but I can't not like a post that compares Burgey's posting to a mass shooting
Erratic, untrained, provoked by years of insecurity and bullying, and despite all the damage it has caused, goes unaddressed by authorities

Good analogy

Jack1

International Debutant
Sidebottom for me. Perhaps I have a bit of bias though here due to being English and liking Sidebottom's bowling and action. He also did really well for us in the WC campaign of our only WC win in either limited overs format. He was a very good new ball bowler in tests. It's telling really that he has a similar test average to Anderson and similar wickets per game. Sidebottom's 22 tests were interestingly only played against Pakistan, West Indies, India, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and South Africa for a 28 average with the ball which is a decent effort to be fair.

Seen the posts and poll results now and pleasantly surprised. Sidebottom is a classic left armer and really good bowler in my eyes. Underused by England in all formats. Quality bowling in my opinion.

Jack1

International Debutant
Everyone voting for the red headed, middle-of-the-road trundler who dominated on seamer friendly wickets at home and in New Zealand against fragile lineups over the fast, fiery, exciting, ***y Wahab Riaz is just plain wrong and embarrassingly so
I think the only person embarrassing themselves is you for not respecting the opinion of others. Riaz is very erratic at times. Sidebottom is a good seamer and swing bowler, decent variations in one day cricket too. I'd rather Sidebottom in my squad personally in all formats. You are entitled to disagree and reason, but be mature about it.

Bijed

International Regular
Everyone voting for the red headed, middle-of-the-road trundler who dominated on seamer friendly wickets at home and in New Zealand against fragile lineups over the fast, fiery, exciting, ***y Wahab Riaz is just plain wrong and embarrassingly so
Just like your posts?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me the only notable thing about Pedro Collins is my inability to remember that he isn't Ian Bradshaw and then get confused about why he isn't bowling 124 km/h.

cnerd123

likes this
He basically had one good season in 2007 summer against India and West Indies I believe.
A did well in New Zealand

A green track trundler of the highest calibre. A low budget Clouderson. Man was so overrated it was nuts. I think people were just all hyped up that a ginger named Sidebottom was taking test wickets.

Wahab Riaz is pure Pakistani steel and *** appeal. Fast, vicious, angry, and that's not even speaking about his bowling. The man can swing it, bounce you out, or rip your stumps apart at 150 clicks. And he has a taste for leather jackets.

There is a reason Sidebottom never got an HKT20 Blitz contract

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A did well in New Zealand

A green track trundler of the highest calibre. A low budget Clouderson. Man was so overrated it was nuts. I think people were just all hyped up that a ginger named Sidebottom was taking test wickets.

Wahab Riaz is pure Pakistani steel and *** appeal. Fast, vicious, angry, and that's not even speaking about his bowling. The man can swing it, bounce you out, or rip your stumps apart at 150 clicks. And he has a taste for leather jackets.

There is a reason Sidebottom never got an HKT20 Blitz contract
All actually very true, not even an exaggeration

Borges

International Regular
What's wrong with being a trundler, **** you
A trundler in cricket is the equivalent of what is often contemptuously referred to as a counter-puncher in boxing.
Non-trundler >>> trundler. Steyn >>> McGrath etc..

Jack1

International Debutant
A trundler in cricket is the equivalent of what is often contemptuously referred to as a counter-puncher in boxing.
Non-trundler >>> trundler. Steyn >>> McGrath etc..
Philander is probably the extreme. He's medium pace and his stats are incredible.

Pace is irrelevant. What matters is if you are taking wickets or not. Economy rate helps to build pressure at both ends too (and also important in limited overs).

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I like Wahab, but I always find it amusing when his fanbois yap up the stoush with Watson at the WC. he went at 6 rpo in a game where Watson made a run a ball 60 in a six wicket win with 100 odd balls to spare. It's embarrassing.

It's like when the same muppets yap up Akhtar and show the over he bowled to Ponting in Perth. Ponting made 197 in that dig ffs.

Typical of these people who, like *****, prefer a bit of flashiness over substance.
My pick would be Sidebottom out of the three.

But talking about Wahab Riaz's spell, that was the best spell of that series, in my opinion of course. Numbers can be weird, sometimes they accurately describe the game while in some cases they don't do justice to the player's performance. Wahab would have ripped through that Aussie batting line-up that day if the fielders would have backed him a little bit. Those two dropped catches of Wahab's bowling were the game.

https://twitter.com/BrianLara/status/578871565749608448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportskeeda.com%2Flive%2Fwahab-riaz-vs-shane-watson

Last edited: