Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My changes to English Domestic Cricket

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar

My changes to English Domestic Cricket

Here is part 1 of my Household changes to Englsih Cricket. This will benefit every cricketer in the Land and it will in time prove that England can be the best team in the World again.

Conpetitive cricket is what the English game lacks, it good some good teams but they play too much cricket and not enough to have any Practises or general rest

what i going to propose will not suit some of you, But in time this will benefit everyone and it will be better then the ones that are currently in place at the Moment.

Part 1 will be posted in a Moment

Part 1: regional Cricket

County Cricket has for the last 100 years been the main feeder to the England test and One day teams. But in recent years they have bee cricketers who have been out of there depth at test level, here we have regional cricket will could provide the gap between County and International Cricket whilst provide good level of cricket and the right amount of games.

Regions

there will be 6 regions which will have 3 counties making up one region. this is to ensure fairness and better developement

The regions are as follows:-

North Yorkshire, Lancashire and Durham
    East Midlands Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire
    West Midlands Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
    South West and Wales Somerset, Glamorgan, Glouestershire
    South East Hampshire, Kent and Sussex
    London Surrey, Kent and Essex

Each region will have its own board and they will give Contracts to the best 15 players in the region and control the amount of Cricket that they will play in the Season.

Only the regional and ECB Contracted players can play for England during the Season

Format and Competition

there will be a Four Day League of which regions will play each other once and a One day competition with semi finals and Final

regional teams will also play the Touring Sides

team will then play only 10-13 games this is only 30 days of cricket, Some players will be able to play for there county or Even on England Duty

Official grounds

the official grounds will be as follows :-

North: Old trafford and Headingley
    E Midlands: Trent bridge
    W Midlands: Edgbaston
    South West: Taunton
    South East: Rose Bowl
    London: Lords and the Oval

This is to ensure better cricket is played and it will be Competitive for English Cricket as well players will fight to earn ECB Contracts and to play for England itself. Players also dont want to lose there Regional Contracts as well

Part 2 will be County game

International Debutant a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.hinton
    Part 1: regional Cricket

County Cricket has for the last 100 years been the main feeder to the England test and One day teams. But in recent years they have bee cricketers who have been out of there depth at test level, here we have regional cricket will could provide the gap between County and International Cricket whilst provide good level of cricket and the right amount of games.

Regions

there will be 6 regions which will have 3 counties making up one region. this is to ensure fairness and better developement

The regions are as follows:-

North Yorkshire, Lancashire and Durham
    East Midlands Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire
    West Midlands Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
    South West and Wales Somerset, Glamorgan, Glouestershire
    South East Hampshire, Kent and Sussex
    London Surrey, Kent and Essex

Each region will have its own board and they will give Contracts to the best 15 players in the region and control the amount of Cricket that they will play in the Season.

Only the regional and ECB Contracted players can play for England during the Season

Format and Competition

there will be a Four Day League of which regions will play each other once and a One day competition with semi finals and Final

regional teams will also play the Touring Sides

team will then play only 10-13 games this is only 30 days of cricket, Some players will be able to play for there county or Even on England Duty

Official grounds

the official grounds will be as follows :-

North: Old trafford and Headingley
    E Midlands: Trent bridge
    W Midlands: Edgbaston
    South West: Taunton
    South East: Rose Bowl
    London: Lords and the Oval

This is to ensure better cricket is played and it will be Competitive for English Cricket as well players will fight to earn ECB Contracts and to play for England itself. Players also dont want to lose there Regional Contracts as well

Part 2 will be County game
    Nice idea, not sure about "Only the regional and ECB Contracted players can play for England during the Season" though. What if a non-contracted player does fantastically well?
    THE ULTIMATE CRICKET WEB ARCADE EGGS CHAMPION

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1990-2006
    RIP Craig Walsh (AKA "Craig"), 1985-2012

they will be added to regional teams

International Coach
    Does anyone get the idea that the topic of leg spin is going to come up here?
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    It did this time last year when Chris posted almost the same thing!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Pinball Champion!
    The only change I would like to see is 2 up 2 down in one combined one day and 4 day competition (easier to follow)..

and the abolition of "Great Uncles Dutch passport" run machines.... (although the latter is impossible lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Debutant a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    and the abolition of "Great Uncles Dutch passport" run machines.... (although the latter is impossible lol)
    I don't think that this is as much of a problem as most people make out. It raises the standard and if the English players are good enough they will still get in the side. The "non-foreign foreign" player will only be replacing the weakest English player in the side. Also having more big names in your team increases the spectator appeal, so attendances at games and general interest in ther game will rise.

If there were none of these invaders attendances at the game would dwindle, as would general interest, the standard of the play, and very poor English players would get in county teams. Therefore having these "non-foreign foreign" players makes the county game greater preparation for prospective Test players than if they were not allowed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I think it is a great idea Chis. With your idea you have higher quality players playing against each other, which will surely improve the quality of players. Also the selectors have a core group of players to select from, and it makes their job alot easier.

The only modifications that I would make, would be to make the four day competition and home and away competition with a final.

The other thing would be to have the 20/20 competition run over a week in the one location at the beginning of the season. And rotate the venue each year. This would get people attracted to cricket early in the season and could perhaps be run in a school holiday week or something like that.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Leg spin will come up yes

More will be psted tomorrow when i have more time

Leg spin.

My changes

The Teams

In my format there are 3 divisions.
    Division 1-Top 8 teams
    Division 2-Next 10 in current Championship-Top 2 in Minors-League stage not FC Play-offs are.
    Divsion 3-Non First Class Rest of the Minor Championship.

The Four Day Competition

In Division 1 there are two groups of 4 with each team playing each other home and away twice. The top 2 in each group go to the Semi Finals.
    The bottom 4 got to relagation play-offs 5 vs 8 6 vs 7. Bottom 2 down.
    12 group games+ 2 Final stages = maximum of 14 games.

In Division 2 all the teams play home and away with the Top 5 into First Class play-offs with 4 vs 5 then winner of that vs 3 etc.Bottom 3 down and the 4th bottom into a play-off with 4th in Division 3.

In Division 3 the 18 teams are split into 2 groups for the first 8 matches then play the other teams before putting the top 9 teams into the Promotion Group and the Plate Group.Top 3 straight up,4th into the Div 2-Div 3 Play-off

Next:One Day Competition
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

International Coach
    So, is Terry Jenner god, Chris?

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by a massive zebra
    I don't think that this is as much of a problem as most people make out. It raises the standard and if the English players are good enough they will still get in the side. The "non-foreign foreign" player will only be replacing the weakest English player in the side. Also having more big names in your team increases the spectator appeal, so attendances at games and general interest in ther game will rise.

If there were none of these invaders attendances at the game would dwindle, as would general interest, the standard of the play, and very poor English players would get in county teams. Therefore having these "non-foreign foreign" players makes the county game greater preparation for prospective Test players than if they were not allowed.
    Id love to agree with you, but Im sure if you went around the shires and asked, more people would turn up to watch a county stalwart like Martin Bicknell or Martin Saggers perform than someone like Andrew Gait or Matt Mason... (okay there are one or two exceptions like Pietersen)

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Bad examples. Don't compare to Bicknell and Saggers... compare to Gazzard, Francis, Parsons, Dumelow, Wharton... (sorry to pick on Somerset and Derby, but they are fairly poor )
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information