• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

Flem274*

123/5
Allan Border comes across so mild and mellow in the comm box and then you remember his reputation as skipper and wonder if the real Border was abducted by aliens.

He has certainly aged better than many 'hard men' of sport.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Gonna be so great seeing NZ win the final of this tournament having won only one from four in the pool stage. :happy:

Or, this go-slow could hurt us and we could fail to get 175 let alone win the match, which would kinda serve us right tbh. Hit something plz. Try to actually win.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Allan Border comes across so mild and mellow in the comm box and then you remember his reputation as skipper and wonder if the real Border was abducted by aliens.

He has certainly aged better than many 'hard men' of sport.
For a guy who almost killed Dean Jones, his dismissal of the ground size conversation was very zen-like.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't like how NZ just completely gave up on winning the game after Munro got out. They've ceded all the momentum they'd built up, and now will struggle to even make the final.

Moss

Gonna be so great seeing NZ win the final of this tournament having won only one from four in the pool stage. :happy:

Or, this go-slow could hurt us and we could fail to get 175 let alone win the match, which would kinda serve us right tbh. Hit something plz. Try to actually win.
NZ have stuffed up such situations in the past it myst be said. Ryder's comeback game against South Africa in 2012 comes to mind.

Moss

ryder had a comeback against SA?

i dont even remember that game
He hit a fifty in double quick time (controversially rushed back by John Wright) and an inexplicable go slow came up when NZ were looking at a comfortable win. McMillan really tore into Ryder publicly after that game.

Flem274*

123/5
Was when McMillan blasted him after the game for playing for his 50.
He hit a fifty in double quick time (controversially rushed back by John Wright) and an inexplicable go slow came up when NZ were looking at a comfortable win. McMillan really tore into Ryder publicly after that game.
i think i was living under my rocks at the time. this all sounds very juicy and i have zero memory of it

The Hutt Rec

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, in the end it hasn't panned out too badly. Still a really daft little innings from KW, hasn't done himself any favours with that performance.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think Taylor should've been sent in here either - don't think much of his death hitting unless you bowl in the cow-corner spot (which Curran just did)