• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vernon Philander transformation

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When I saw thread title I assumed Philander must have lost a whole bunch of weight and came in to see pics

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If this was firebreakers audition for the podcast crew I'm not sure he is going to get the gig lol

cnerd123

likes this
I mean it would be hypocritical for Howe and I to say that actually watching cricket is a pre-requisite to being on the podcast...but Firebreaker really needs to actually start watching more cricket before he's close to being ready.

Victor Ian

International Coach
His physique is awesome. Takes me back to the days of merv. He would be extra awesome if he just grew a handlebar.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FC records of SA players are greatly exaggerated due to the fact that both State cricket and franchise cricket of SA has got FC status and State cricket is of lower quality where teams like Namibia compete
This is true but was never a factor in Philander's awesome First Class record. He had an awesome record even exclusively in franchise cricket.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Been discussed many times, but the call for Philander to be included in the SA test setup at that stage was huge. But his ability in the field put a lot of people off at the international level. Eventually Kirsten picked him because he was looking to extend the SA batting line-up and Philander could bat. He played his first Test in THAT Newlands match and has never looked back. And importantly continued to enjoy his food (even though he has had to step up his physical conditioning recently).

Daemon

This is true but was never a factor in Philander's awesome First Class record. He had an awesome record even exclusively in franchise cricket.
I'm actually pleasantly surprised Firebreaker knew about that.

Firebreaker

Banned
I mean it would be hypocritical for Howe and I to say that actually watching cricket is a pre-requisite to being on the podcast...but Firebreaker really needs to actually start watching more cricket before he's close to being ready.
LOL I have done research for Cricket Atlas so calm down,relax,take a sip of your beer and shut your mouth!

Spikey

The only transformation Vernon Philander can make is finding another word to use instead of "Obviously"

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The only transformation Vernon Philander can make is finding another word to use instead of "Obviously"
He didn't say "obviously" once when he was interviewed the other day for his MOTM award. I was kind of disappointed, I enjoyed that meme.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This thread is so great........so when does firebreaker make his appearance on the podcast guy's? It's gonna be epic.