• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ram Slam T20 2017/18

SeamUp

International Coach
Most Runs

1. Reeza Hendricks 319 @ 106.33 @ 137.50 (Lions)
2. JP Duminy 217 @ 43.40 @ 127.64 (Cobras)
3. Hashim Amla 171 @ 42.75 @ 137.90 (Cobras)
4. Dave Miller 168 @ 56.00 @ 131.25 (Knights)
5. Rassie vd Dussen 165 @ 33.00 @ 127.90 (Lions)
6. Theunis de Bruyn 162 @ 54.00 @ 144.64 (Knights)
7. Aiden Markram 146 @ 73.00 @ 143.13 (Titans)
8. AB de Villiers 130 @ 65.00 @ 213.11 (Titans)
9. Christiaan Jonker 123 @ 30.75 @ 139.77 (Warriors)
10. Sarel Erwee 105 @ 105.00 @ 172.13 (Dolphins)
11. Colin Ingram 99 @ 33.00 @ 165.00 (Warriors)
12. Farhaan Behardien 95 @ n/a @ 175.92 (Titans)
13. Colin Ackermann 93 @ 23.25 @ 124.00 (Warriors)
14. Mangaliso Mosehle 80 @ 20.00 @ 135.59 (Lions)
15. Khaya Zondo 75 @ 75.00 @ 170.45 (Dolphins)

SA batsmen not doing too well -

Temba Bavuma 69 @ 13.80 @ 125.45
Quinton de Kock 55 @ 13.75 @ 114.58

Elgar did his job in the one game for the Titans. I bet of he played every game he would be in the top 5 run scorers.

New young guns - half way through the competition it looks like only Ryan Rickelton & Marques Ackerman have forced their way into the reckoning with the chances. It also allows Wiaan Mulder to get higher up the order because he has hardly had a chance to bat.

Belive Leus du Plooy only played yesterday due to an injury to the keeper so may lose his place when Gous is fit again.

MOST WICKETS (Seamers)

1. Kagiso Rabada 8 @ 15.37 @ 6.70 (Lions)
2. Lungi Ngidi 7 @ 13.71 @ 8.47 (Titans)
3. Shadley van Schalkwyk 7 @ 18.28 @ 8.53 (Knights)
4. Wiaan Mulder 6 @ 23.16 @ 9.26 (Lions)
5. Rory Kleinveldt 5 @ 14.20 @ 7.10 (Cobras)
6. Marchant de Lange 5 @ 24.60 @ 8.20 (Knights)
7. M. Nabe 5 @ 28.40 @ 8.87 (Cobras)
8. Albie Morkel 4 @ 7.00 @ 4.66 (Titans)
9. Dale Steyn 4 @ 15.25 @ 6.10 (Titans)
10. Malusi Siboto 4 @ 19.75 @ 8.77 (Titans)
11. Hardus Viljoen 4 @ 30.50 @ 7.62 (Lions)
12. Vernon Philander 4 @ 39.50 @ 8.31 (Cobras)

Dolphins key bowlers like Frylinck, Phehlukwayo have hardly had a chance to bowl with 3 of their games effected by rain. Dupavillon only back in January.

Internationals Morris and Morkel injured but Morris is returning next game. Olivier can't get into the Knights team with the limitations.

Unlikely to see any new young quick coming from no where in this tournament. More likely the 50-0ver comp or 4-day comp.

MOST WICKETS (spinners)

Tabraiz Shamsi 5 @ 18.80 @ 6.71 (Titans)
Aaron Phnagiso 5 @ 20.40 @ 7.84 (Lions)
Eddie Leie 5 @ 21.40 @ 6.68 (Knights)
Aiden Markram 4 @ 10.25 @ 5.12 (Titans)

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Rabada has looked really, really good. The international batsmen have done well overall, bar Bavuma and QDK. Bavuma should not make the SA test team against India in his current form... we will see. I've been impressed with Mulder and Ngidi. But not much to see amongst the new guys.

And, yay, my Warriors and your Cobras managed to win! Watching Duminy play such a good innings was nice, but did piss me off with such a waste of talent at international level. He could have been so much better.

SeamUp

International Coach
Rabada has looked really, really good. The international batsmen have done well overall, bar Bavuma and QDK. Bavuma should not make the SA test team against India in his current form... we will see. I've been impressed with Mulder and Ngidi. But not much to see amongst the new guys.

And, yay, my Warriors and your Cobras managed to win! Watching Duminy play such a good innings was nice, but did piss me off with such a waste of talent at international level. He could have been so much better.
These T20s are ticking KG over nicely.

Whilst Vern's figures aren't spectacular (not really his format) he has bowled well when I have seen him. Dale also on the upward curve. Morris and Morkel to come and get some game time now. Right now those are our front 5 quicks.

Yeah they surprised us :D

Both teams are so reliant on a few players it is not funny. Cobras on Amla, JP, Philander with Kleinveldt chipping in. Levi & Bavuma supposed to be doing more.

Warriors on Smuts, Ingram, Ackermann, Jonker & Birch. Smuts could be doing better and also Magala continues to blow hot and cold.

Bahseph

State Captain
And I actually think we could surprise a few teams this year. It's just that we never get to show it LOL.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Another rained out match... silly SA summer.

The Cobras crushed my poor Warriors... same old stand out performers for Warriors. Nice to see Bavuma get some runs, even at less than a run a ball. Amla looking good.

When I watched the highlights of the Cobras previous match, you can see Philanders improved fitness if for no other reason than the required quick 2's he was taking. And he is batting really well. He really should be our solid 7 for the SA team, while the youngsters fight it out for the next 2 years.

SeamUp

International Coach
AB de Villiers being back makes it a bigger possibility for Vern at 7.

Really disappointed the Lions v Titans was washed out. Was looking fwd to the game.

SeamUp

International Coach
Ram Slam weather watch.

Durban : Warm and humid. With a peak 35% chance of rain at 6PM when the game is meant to start.

Benoni : Also warm but looks like a chance of afternoon rain (highveld storm) and clearing before the game starts.

Bloemfontein : Pretty much like Benoni but even warmer and chances of rain carrying on into the game.

The Lions v Knights game in Bloem is the one televised. Hopefully get my cricket fix going. Really a bizarre SA cricket summer with no international cricket at the moment.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Ram Slam weather watch.

Durban : Warm and humid. With a peak 35% chance of rain at 6PM when the game is meant to start.

Benoni : Also warm but looks like a chance of afternoon rain (highveld storm) and clearing before the game starts.

Bloemfontein : Pretty much like Benoni but even warmer and chances of rain carrying on into the game.

The Lions v Knights game in Bloem is the one televised. Hopefully get my cricket fix going. Really a bizarre SA cricket summer with no international cricket at the moment.
No international cricket, little advertising for the T20 has resulted in poor attendance imo, nevermind that people have not actually started holidays yet. And kinda strange weather....

Cricket just feels dead in SA at the moment, must feel strange for the franchise/provincial players at the moment because their seasons been very disrupted.

SeamUp

International Coach
No international cricket, little advertising for the T20 has resulted in poor attendance imo, nevermind that people have not actually started holidays yet. And kinda strange weather....

Cricket just feels dead in SA at the moment, must feel strange for the franchise/provincial players at the moment because their seasons been very disrupted.
Weird to think it is our record summer for number of test matches.

Will the Zim test be a 'test' ?

SeamUp

International Coach
It has official status I believe... may actually go watch for a day or two, depend on friends and life. First D/N test in SA! Another first for St Georges.
Brendan Taylor will hopefully raise his game like he tends to do for us so it can get into day 4 possibly.