• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's gonna need to be a better batsman today if he wants to play on Saturday
A quick fire 80 odd from Dermo's boy this arvo would be very handy.

Though I think even if the game goes into Saturday, he could be subbed into the side for Sunday, which they would most likely do.

Burgey

"Shaun Abbott who only averages 13 in his first-class career but is a much better batsman than that"

He's played 39 games over the course of 7 years. People need to accept that he's not a better batsman than that
They've got him confused with his brother. who hits the ball harder than any human being I've ever seen. Insane power.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Fekete picking up 6 wickets but going for plenty in the process, has been using the short ball rather liberally.

Abbott's batting is definitely a myth these days, anyone not called Mark Waugh can see that.

Burgey

So long as he makes runs batting at six for Parra idgaf whether he's up to allrounder status at FC level.

Burgey

Dermo Abbott up to 25 not out from only 36 while Nev's strike rate is timed with a sundial.

TheJediBrah

"Shaun Abbott who only averages 13 in his first-class career but is a much better batsman than that"

He's played 39 games over the course of 7 years. People need to accept that he's not a better batsman than that
Timed this post perfectly didn't I

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know if this is an interesting sub-plot to the season, but Whiteman's been back a couple of months now and WA haven't shoved him back in despite being Sam Whiteman.

Is Inglis finally the first choice WK for WA ? Because he really hasn't screwed up or done worse than Sam would have since he took the gloves. Tbf from what I've heard Whiteman's finger is of the Tim Paine breed of recovery problems, but he's still been back a fair amount of time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I suspect that if Inglis really was seen as a proper long-term first choice option he wouldn't be batting below Agar. Whiteman will probably be back properly next season.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I suspect that if Inglis really was seen as a proper long-term first choice option he wouldn't be batting below Agar. Whiteman will probably be back properly next season.
Yeah you're probably right. I'm hopeful for Inglis, I like the cut of his jib with the bat at the least and would hate to see him deprived. I dig a man whose backlift comes in from deep fine leg.

TBF Agar is a PONI all-rounder in the scheme of things, batting below the new wicketkeeper might be a bit odd and I suspect Langer wouldn't want it so.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
There is a good chance Doran and Renshaw could finish 1 and 2 in most runs, with the way the final is lining up.

Would be pretty rare to have two blokes aged 21 doing that.

Nice going from them to buck against the Big Bash generation.

brockley

International Captain
No coverage 2 watch Darcy Short,coverage come up a little short this morning.:laugh:
Tassie crumbling.
And Nev looked awful this morning as we added 20 runs,QLD back in it.