• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India ODIs/T20s 2017

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sharma's been averaging >50 in ODIs every year in the last 5. Don't think anyone else has ever managed that? Kohli? Dhoni?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Virat himself seems to be experimenting with his batting around the chases.... Maybe he is checking out if he can play the big shots earlier but twice he has holed out to long off trying to go over cover, so he is not getting into good positions first up.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's that then. Dont remember such a comprehensive thrashing any time we have played against the Aussies. Nice to pull one back after losing by the same score when we went over there, I guess. That series was the turning point in our ODI and overall LO fortunes, AFAIC, with both Bumrah and Pandya debuting during that series in the T20s and Yuvi coming back as the #4. It kinda establishes the template our side needs in these formats.

For this game, Pitch was not easy to bat on at all and it shows why Rohit can be such a beast. I still think its a bit of a conundrum for us as he can be such an effective #4 or #5 for us, but he is such a player that when he gets going at the top, he is gonna make it count and score big. And with his array of big shots, its just a night mare bowling to him on the slower tracks, where other batsmen struggle, he can just muscle a 6 or 4 out of nowhere and catch up with the SR.

For Australia, they still are not very good against spin but I think Cummins showed what a class act he is and it will be a travesty if he does not play every game for them when he is available. NCN was outstanding as well and while Starc and Hazlewood are obviously the first choice seamers, he should be around in the squad, I feel. The rest of the bowling was pretty meh.. And it seems like it doesn't matter who plays as their spinner, they are just not good enough. Although, I feel Zampa has a lot of raw ability and should be harnessed, just like India are doing with Bumrah.

Spikey

It's a positive for Aus that Faulkner, Agar, Richardson etc didn't randomly have a great match and consolidate themselves around the OD squad. Unfortunately Zampa is valuable

Arachnodouche

International Captain
There has to be a way of working Rohit back into the Test setup. What a tragedy if he doesn't go past 21 Tests. Already 30; who amongst Indian fans wouldn't give an arm to see him bat the way he can at Test level.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair play to India here. We've been comprehensively out classed in nearly every match with nearly a full strength side. Every time we looked on top your bowlers pulled you back into the match or a batsman put up their hand.

About the only thing we can take from this is that we seem to have partially got Kohli's number.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Reckon that’s Australia’s worst ever performance in a ODI series in India. Sure they were missing a couple of key bowlers but they actually did better than they usually do in India as a bowling unit; real problem was their batting which underachieved significantly.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon that’s Australia’s worst ever performance in a ODI series in India. Sure they were missing a couple of key bowlers but they actually did better than they usually do in India as a bowling unit; real problem was their batting which underachieved significantly.
Finch not being available for the first 2 ODIs was a major blow. Also Smith's lack of runs meant even when Finch and Warner gave them a solid start, Smith was unable to carry on. The lack of runs from lower middle order was another problem, a problem they didn't have during the World Cup and the year after.

Spikey

hahhahaha sure yeah do really well in the OD comp and we'll pick you in the ODI team. fat chance of that unless you're already a PONI

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think Australia are that far off finding the right side for ODIs... Not sure why Handscomb thinks he has to go for a big hit every over just because its LO cricket. He is a much better player than that and I do think Aus can do worse than invest in him as their #4.

Finch
Warner
Smith (c)
Handscomb/Shaun Marsh(?)
Head/Maxwell
Stoinis
wicket keeper
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

As long as they find a decent keeper, that side will still be one of the top sides come the WC.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh yeah they will be one of the favourites in the World Cup with their full strength bowling attack. It's just that Australia (which includes the team, board, fans) don't really care much for bilateral ODI series so they don't bother with these losses. In the last 1 year, Australia's record outside of Australia is 1 win, 12 losses, 1 abandoned and 2 No result. SC teams sack captains for this.

Once the World Cup is around the corner, the likes of Coulter Nile and Richardson are not going to be seen around the team

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe but these guys don't get picked when Australia prepare for tournaments like World Cup or Champions Trophy which tells me they are the players Australia go to when their first choice players are not available

burr

State Vice-Captain
Oh yeah they will be one of the favourites in the World Cup with their full strength bowling attack. It's just that Australia (which includes the team, board, fans) don't really care much for bilateral ODI series so they don't bother with these losses. In the last 1 year, Australia's record outside of Australia is 1 win, 12 losses, 1 abandoned and 2 No result. SC teams sack captains for this.

Once the World Cup is around the corner, the likes of Coulter Nile and Richardson are not going to be seen around the team
That really is a disgraceful record. I feel like other teams such as England have taken odis to a new level since the world cup with the big scores and Australia is just standing still. Be interesting to see results at home this summer when Aus have no excuses.

vcs

I don't know what made them give the teams a one-week break before the T20 game. Maybe CA requested it so that the players can quietly get on with their Ashes preparations without the constant media scrutiny back home. Who even cares about these T20s?