• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies Tour of the UK 2017

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Still he;s averaging 54 - so maybe i should stop and be thankful for that.
Nah we're right to criticise him because he's not maximising his potential. I'm sure he's fully aware of that. It isn't easy when you have to hold a useless middle order together but he invariably manages to do that anyway by breezing to fifty.

Rarely does Root get out because a bowler has worked him over or beaten his defences - especially once he's got in. Too regularly he plays an attacking stroke that doesn't come off. There's no reason to think he can't solve the problem by learning to employ better shot selection.

Howe_zat

Audio File
That on drive was a beauty, walking down and wills it to the boundary. Stokes can bat like a left handed KP on song.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah we're right to criticise him because he's not maximising his potential. I'm sure he's fully aware of that. It isn't easy when you have to hold a useless middle order together but he invariably manages to do that anyway by breezing to fifty.

Rarely does Root get out because a bowler has worked him over or beaten his defences - especially once he's got in. Too regularly he plays an attacking stroke that doesn't come off. There's no reason to think he can't solve the problem by learning to employ better shot selection.
Gotta say, I look at it as a plus, that he's still got improvement to come, just hope that it comes by the Winter, where you'd hope he'd be at a 100% concentration.

Watching England if you want them to lose must be a bit frustrating at times, with this tail-end.

Still of couurse must be fun watching our ****ing top order, so swings and roundabouts.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh that's shocking cricket, poor Kemar should have hade about 6-30 and Windies should be batting now.

Well done Stokes though, if a tad lucky.