• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Am I the only one who is seeing Adam Gilchrist in Quinton de kock?

cricDna

Cricket Spectator
I have been seeing Quinton de kock since his debut and over the years he has become a better hitter and a responsible wicket-keeper just like Adan Gilchrist. What do you all think?

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, for me they seem to be similar in a lot of ways, both highly destructive batsmen who come in down the order to give their respective teams some potentially pretty insane batting depth, I think in the case of both their keeping started out a bit shaky but came on very quickly. Both left handers too.

Main difference, though it doesn't really relate to them as players as such, is that de Kock came into the SA side when he was quite young, whereas Gilchrist was made to wait a bit, I believe. So there's potential to de Kock to turn into a different sort of player, which he might be required to do with SA going through a bit of change right now

Fwiw, both open in ODIs too

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i've looked at De Kock and I don't see Adam Gilchrist or indeed any human

vcs

This thread title would have been interesting had the roles been reversed. :ph34r:

Maybe a few years down the line.

Am I the only one seeing De Kock in Pant?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This thread title would have been interesting had the roles been reversed. :ph34r:

Maybe a few years down the line.

Am I the only one seeing De Kock in Pant?

There should be a "my life is so sad" rants thread somewhere for you vcs.. :p

91Jmay

International Coach
I reckon two men on the drive with a gully is a decent way to go early at him though with a few short balls. Will give you a chance so you have to be extra aggressive against him

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
When people ask questions like this, I can't help but say sarcastically that yes you're the only who thinks this in the entire world.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It could have been worse. What if the thread starter just used last names in the title?

Am I the only one who sees Gilchrist in De Kock? :ph34r:

Gob

International Coach
dono about Gilly but the bloke looks hell of lot like Elijah Wood aka Frodo Baggins,

6276-elijah-wood.jpg

vcs

If people think he's potentially the new Gilchrist, the hype is justified.

Do you not think he's all that? His record since the last couple of years is pretty immaculate.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If people think he's potentially the new Gilchrist, the hype is justified.

Do you not think he's all that? His record since the last couple of years is pretty immaculate.
The hype is greater than the reality.

People talk about the big 4 as if it should now be the big 5, he's nowhere near that good.

He has done absolutely nothing to merit comparison to either his contemporaries or to Gilchrist.