• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll save my gambhiring for a bigger series when more of CW is posting in the thread so that I can annoy as many people as possible. Can't wait for them to lose their ****.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Exciting series.

It will be interesting to see if India goes with their usual bowling attack of 5 bowlers.

3 pace and 2 spin.

Or will they get an additional bat in?

Galle will be the turner.
Haven't played in Pallekale for sometime.
SSC has always been a batsmens delight

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka usually raise their game for us (e.g. the recent Champions Trophy), so it should be a good one.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Sri Lanka usually raise their game for us (e.g. the recent Champions Trophy), so it should be a good one.
We are always competitive.
True we are going through a difficult period,but I'd back this team for good performance.

Premadasa where the recent test match against ZIM was played is not a usual test wicket.

SL mind you beat AUS 3-0.This team is definitely most capable of winning a test series against India.

SLs usual test venues are,

Galle
SSC Colombo
P.Sara Colombo
Pallekale Kandy

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The opener question remains. Mukund probably should get first shot, at least in the warm up game. If he does well, place is confirmed for first test imo. Too many times has Dhawan got into the test side on the back of his ODI performances.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So what are we looking at for the first test:

Mukund/Dhawan
Rahul Jr.
Che
King Kohli (c)
Rahane
Ashwin
Saha (wk)
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Umesh
Shami/Bhuvi/Ishant

I would go with Bhuvi but expect Shami to be there.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
So what are we looking at for the first test:

Mukund/Dhawan
Rahul Jr.
Che
King Kohli (c)
Rahane
Ashwin
Saha (wk)
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Umesh
Shami/Bhuvi/Ishant

I would go with Bhuvi but expect Shami to be there.
That lineup is so thin on batting.

Only left hander is Dhawan in top 7, expect a gala time for Herath.

Ashwin is the bigger threat for SL

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Likely SL team

Dimuth Karunaratne
Upul Tharanga
Kusal Mendis
Dinesh Chandimal (C)
Angelo Mathews
Asela Gunaratne
Niroshan Dickwella (wk)
Dilruwan Perera
Rangana Herath
Lakshan Sandaken/Malinda Pushpe
Nuwan Pradeep

Pushpakumara is yet to debut highest wicket taker in domestic FC Cricket for sometime.Sandaken hasn't shown enough control.

If SL is gonna win a test that has to happen at Galle