• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** India in West Indies 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah.. Rahul/Jadeja opening combination could work, if we put Shikhar and Rohit down at 4 and 5 and then get the middle order bashmen of Raina, Pandya, Pant with Kuldeep, Bhuvi offering reasonable back up as batsmen at 9 and 10. :laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
Personally the best suggested XI I've seen is

Pant
Nohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Pandey
Kedar
Pandya
Jadeja
3 other bowlers

Follow the 2011 model with one fast scoring opener, one steady opener, a stabilising former opener at 3, Kohli at 4, another realiable batsman in the top 5, a number 6 who can rebuild/explode as needed and can bowl, and then some firepower at 7 and 8

srbhkshk

International Captain
Personally the best suggested XI I've seen is

Pant
Nohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Pandey
Kedar
Pandya
Jadeja
3 other bowlers

Follow the 2011 model with one fast scoring opener, one steady opener, a stabilising former opener at 3, Kohli at 4, another realiable batsman in the top 5, a number 6 who can rebuild/explode as needed and can bowl, and then some firepower at 7 and 8
Why is Pandey in the team instead of KL?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time for Kohli to move to 4 and one of the other openers to come in at 3 imo. Kohli dropping down helps cover up that missing middle order somewhat.

Burner

International Regular
Yeah nothing like having your best batsman play at number 4. Really working well for SA :ph34r:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am in favour of Kohli at 4 too. KL could be killer at 3. Have to try it (If the **** can ever begin to stay fit, that is).

Burner

International Regular
I am not in favour of it, just to be clear. I think Ab de Devilliers would win many more matches for SA if he was batting at 3.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Time for Kohli to move to 4 and one of the other openers to come in at 3 imo. Kohli dropping down helps cover up that missing middle order somewhat.
Kohli at 3 is perfect. Wouldn't change him from there, just like I would have never got SRT down from opening.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair enough, but my thinking was that we've seen Kohli dominate the middle overs and boss the death overs as well, which are two areas we're really poor in these days. While he's busy when he comes in early as well, it's not that much of a loss if we slot in someone else there. That way most of the time he'll come in once 1/2 change are on and he can go about his business without as much pressure.

I can totally see why this wouldn't work, but it's worth a shot of we're going to have burdens in the MO.

cnerd123

likes this
I've been preaching having Kohli at 4 for ages now. Glad to see you all finally come around.

Also makes Rahane a viable prospect again given he can be a reserve player for the Top 3. And you can use Lokesh in the Top 3 too.

The squad is still maybe 1 middle order batsman short. If we don't want MSD and Yuvi playing that is. Is it too late to dig up Raina and give him another go?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wonder if the rise of the IPL over domestic list A cricket has led to India's top heavy batting options, as if you are any sort of international standard bat you will play in the top four in T20.