• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka-Zimbabwe on internet?

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Does anyone know a website like willow.tv or setanta.tv that will be broadcasting the Sri Lanka-Zimbabwe ODIs or Tests through the net? I'd be really interested to see the beating Sri Lanka will issue.

Swervy

International Captain
i, for one wouldnt enjoy watching this. An average team beating up on a really bad team just doesnt make for great entertainment in my opinion.

The only way I would be interested in this is if Zimbabwe somehow play miles better than expected and really push Sri lanka...I cannot see this happening.

I just hope something silly like Murali taking 19 wickets in a test doesnt happen or someone scores over 400, coz that would just make a mockery of these great records

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Swervy said:
i, for one wouldnt enjoy watching this. An average team beating up on a really bad team just doesnt make for great entertainment in my opinion.

The only way I would be interested in this is if Zimbabwe somehow play miles better than expected and really push Sri lanka...I cannot see this happening.

I just hope something silly like Murali taking 19 wickets in a test doesnt happen or someone scores over 400, coz that would just make a mockery of these great records
It's such a spectacle. Like Mike Tyson fighting a 5'4, 120 pound weakling. It's sad, but we can't take our eyes away from it...maybe the little guy'll nail him in the sweet spot? Or more likely he'll get the **** beaten out of him. Either way, entertainment.

Swervy

International Captain
Lions81 said:
It's such a spectacle. Like Mike Tyson fighting a 5'4, 120 pound weakling. It's sad, but we can't take our eyes away from it...maybe the little guy'll nail him in the sweet spot? Or more likely he'll get the **** beaten out of him. Either way, entertainment.

well i would rather watch good cricket

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
well i would rather watch good cricket
Sheesh, if the guy wants to watch it no need to make him feel guilty about it!!

Im not sure what channels its on.. It should be on the same as the Zimbabwe v West Indies series was on though, as I saw that in Oman..

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Sheesh, if the guy wants to watch it no need to make him feel guilty about it!!

Im not sure what channels its on.. It should be on the same as the Zimbabwe v West Indies series was on though, as I saw that in Oman..
hahaha...i didnt mean to :D

i guess I will have a morbid fasination for what happens in this series...but considering even Derbyshire could probably beat this Zimbabwe team, then I just dont want to consider this as a ODI series or a test series.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
hahaha...i didnt mean to :D

i guess I will have a morbid fasination for what happens in this series...but considering even Derbyshire could probably beat this Zimbabwe team, then I just dont want to consider this as a ODI series or a test series.
Ive got a mate who I think is better than some of Zimbabwe team... (West of England U19)..

I know there are a lot of village clubs (mainly in Lancashire and Yorkshire) who would at least give them a run for their money, if not more...

Derbyshire?? It would be an absolute walk in the park for them...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
what for Zimbabwe...yeah probably :D
read what i wrote... :laugh:
You cant begin to understand how appaling this crisis is... If it was a different country, something would have been done ages ago..

a massive zebra

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
I know there are a lot of village clubs (mainly in Lancashire and Yorkshire) who would at least give them a run for their money, if not more...
Sheffield Collegiate vs Zimbabwe
Pudsey Congs vs Zimbabwe
Bacup vs Zimbabwe

Now there's a prospect

:blink: :crazy:

Langeveldt

Soutie
a massive zebra said:
Sheffield Collegiate vs Zimbabwe
Pudsey Congs vs Zimbabwe
Bacup vs Zimbabwe

Now there's a prospect

:blink: :crazy:
Its mad isnt it.. Ditto Accrington, Nelson.. anyone you care to mention really.. It would be like Accrington v Takashinga really...

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
Its mad isnt it.. Ditto Accrington, Nelson.. anyone you care to mention really.. It would be like Accrington v Takashinga really...
I think it would really be phenomenal if Zimbabwe somehow won it. Now of course I think it's impossible for them to win it outright, but somethink like one ball to go, Sri Lanka need two to win, and they get run out coming back for the second to tie because one of the batsmen falls down, or something so close that Zimbabwe's win can be attribtued to sheer luck but still it's something really special.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Lions81 said:
I think it would really be phenomenal if Zimbabwe somehow won it. Now of course I think it's impossible for them to win it outright, but somethink like one ball to go, Sri Lanka need two to win, and they get run out coming back for the second to tie because one of the batsmen falls down, or something so close that Zimbabwe's win can be attribtued to sheer luck but still it's something really special.

But it would be impossible for Zimbabwe to get into that position in the first place :huh:

a massive zebra

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
But it would be impossible for Zimbabwe to get into that position in the first place :huh:
Thats just what I was thinking.

Unless Sri Lanka field their U15s. Then again even that might not be close. :laugh:

deeps

International 12th Man
i reckon if SL dcide to bat first in their next match... We could see the first ODI double century... my guess is sanath jayasuriya or Kumar Sangakkara...221* will be the new highest score in ODI's

by the time murali gets to bowl ,i reckon vaas and co would have removed the top 6 or7 already...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
deeps said:
i reckon if SL dcide to bat first in their next match... We could see the first ODI double century... my guess is sanath jayasuriya or Kumar Sangakkara...221* will be the new highest score in ODI's

by the time murali gets to bowl ,i reckon vaas and co would have removed the top 6 or7 already...
Face, meet egg.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well fortunately we won't have to wait too long for good cricket. NZ's tour of England is only a few weeks away now.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Wow, it's a real pity that rain interrupted, because this game was actually looking really interesting.

Be kind of disastrous for cricket in a sense if Zimbabwe actually won though, when you think about it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slow Love™ said:
Wow, it's a real pity that rain interrupted, because this game was actually looking really interesting.

Be kind of disastrous for cricket in a sense if Zimbabwe actually won though, when you think about it.
It could be quite disastrous for English cricket, because there is unlikely to be assertive government action preventing the tour taking place.

Looking logically at the situation, the government, in their infinite ignorance, might well wonder what the fuss was about, and that all that was happening here was not racism but 'redressing the balance' (and no, the irony of me saying that in the face of the discussions I have been involved in recently is not lost on me either).

Consequently, the ECB, facing the moral backlash on their own (violin strings) are faced with the one thing they cannot afford to face - calling the tour off unilaterally.

So, there's the choice - physical or moral bankruptcy. Luckily, they can wait awhile to see how things pan out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Well fortunately we won't have to wait too long for good cricket. NZ's tour of England is only a few weeks away now.
The WI - Eng series promises to be good cricket!