• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

SeamUp

International Coach
Gutsy 100 by Elgar. He was our last batsman to score a test 100 too.

A good record of producing these dogged left-handed openers - Goddard, Wessels, Kirsten, Smith, Elgar

The majority of right-handed openers seem to be the stroke-makers - Mitchell, Barlow, Richards, Cook, Fotheringham, Hudson, Gibbs, Petersen

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Great ton by Elgar, he'd gotten out poorly a few times but this is vintage stuff. One more bat had stayed with him you think they could have rescued this.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
No, because captains aren't making stupid declarations. You see how that works, right?
Well I'll just have to agree to disagree with you all. Highest successful run chase at Oval 263/9 (Ashes 1902); England's lead here 492. Madness in my opinion.

SeamUp

International Coach
Woakes as a Test bowler is pretty much solely based on his 2016 home summer, it would be a bit weird for him to come in away.
Well that is the interesting debate. I like the new Woakes - I think he drives a length for long periods.

For Australia - you can see the selectors looking for a real strike option with pace outside those 4. Whether it is Woods is another story.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rarely see so many bad leaves as in this game.

"Successful run chase" stats are rather useless.
Wrong.

Team A gets 1 run ahead of highest successful run chase for ground, immediately declares.

Team B: "Damn! Game over."

This is how it really works.