• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowlers who you like/don't like to watch

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, I loved Goughy's too. Thinking about what I compared my dislikes to, maybe I really enjoy big side on leaps, a la Gough, Waqar and Zaheer, as opposed to the running through the crease style of others.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I liked Goughy too but when I picture him bowling it is always to Slater who smacks him for 4.

The bowlers I hate are the straight armer's like QLD player Cameron Gannon and I don't like it when bowlers get their wrist into a weird position before/during the delivery stride like Fanie de Villiers. During the CT I'm going to think about this some more and list current players.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't like the way Andy Caddick used to make that little gesture with the ball in his hand before delivering the ball...I tried copying him bit couldn't do that part, so I took Darren Gough's nice flowing action.

Freddie flintoff's was the epitome of bowling a heavy ball.

Others I liked were Fidel Edward's, Jerome Taylor, Reon King, Glenn McGrath, Shane bonds...

I did not like Shoaib Akhtar's, Darren Sammy's, Zulu Klusener's

I have a long list...will post them later.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I liked Goughy too but when I picture him bowling it is always to Slater who smacks him for 4.

The bowlers I hate are the straight armer's like QLD player Cameron Gannon and I don't like it when bowlers get their wrist into a weird position before/during the delivery stride like Fanie de Villiers. During the CT I'm going to think about this some more and list current players.
I always thought Fanie had a gr8 action

Kirkut

International Regular
I don't like the way Andy Caddick used to make that little gesture with the ball in his hand before delivering the ball...I tried copying him bit couldn't do that part, so I took Darren Gough's nice flowing action.

Freddie flintoff's was the epitome of bowling a heavy ball.

Others I liked were Fidel Edward's, Jerome Taylor, Reon King, Glenn McGrath, Shane bonds...

I did not like Shoaib Akhtar's, Darren Sammy's, Zulu Klusener's

I have a long list...will post them later.

Flintoff never looked like a fast bowler to me, he was too bulky. All the pace he generated came from raw strength.

J_C

U19 Captain
Hnnnnng that outswing.

Any more footage of that Sachin vs Steyn battle where he beat his edge like a dozen times?
Steyn vs India Cape Town Test Day 3 (not the best quality footage to say the least :ph34r: but that's all I got)

Last edited:

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Flintoff never looked like a fast bowler to me, he was too bulky. All the pace he generated came from raw strength.
Not really. In his final years he slimmed down a lot and got into really good shape. The Flintoff you're thinking of is from much earlier in his career.

Shady Slim

International Coach
anyone thinking that adil rashid is anything other than disgusting to watch is objectively wrong on so many levels

yasir shah on the other hand is smooth and repeatable as is ravi jadeja in terms of spinners

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone have Steyn's 7/51 in India 2010? There is a really poor quality one up at Youtube but anyone know of a better quality one?

Last edited: