• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Misbah Ul-Haq highlights

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nominate your favourite Misbah 'haviour

Some automatic nominations

1. Being appointed test captain from outside the squad aged 36
2. Scooping in the last over of the World T20 back in 2007
3. Scoring a ton off 56 balls against Australia
4. Completely refusing to play aggressively in the semi final in 2011
5. Leading Pakistan to the world's number 1 test ranking aged 42
6. Press ups

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
8. Scoring 42 fifties and 0 hundreds in his ODI career. Ending his test career with 2 99s in his last series.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Classic Misbah: Play conservative all day. Near the close of play, start bashing random sixes out of no where.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Its the one where he kept Pakistan in it with a classy gritty innings, while most of the rest capitulated....

srbhkshk

International Captain
The only saving grace for Shreesanth in my mind will always be that he held on to that catch, there could not have been a more pressure situation.

I don't quite feel right picking option 1, Misbah has just retired and the time right now is to talk of his great moments, but honestly the T20 2007 remains India's introduction with Misbah, twice he got his team to a situation where the win was a formality (both the group match and the final) and twice he couldn't quite handle the pressure and went down after getting so close.

I'll always remember the scoop, the moment he made it I was crestfallen as I thought it was going to be a 6 or a 4 at the very least, but then comes hope with (and never has Ravi Shastri has sounded better except for the 2011 WC six.) "Shreesanth getting under it" and the dude hangs on, and then I realize that it's the last wicket too. Easily in the top three moments of my cricket watching experience.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Has been the longest serving captain for Pak? How long did Imran captain for?

Pak had a new captain almost evey other match before Misbah got the job

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Has been the longest serving captain for Pak? How long did Imran captain for?

Pak had a new captain almost evey other match before Misbah got the job
Imran captained for 10 years but not at a stretch. Resigned twice in that period so Misbah's time at a stretch is longer

Flem274*

123/5
some test match down here years ago he spent an entire session blocking then slog swept a six off the penultimate ball before the session ended

i knew we had greatness before us then

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Making Pakistani cricket likeable again.

I'd be curious to see where the likes of smali honestly rate Misbah as a captain compared to the likes of Imran. Because what he's achieved as captain, given all the off field circumstances that have sorrounded Pakistan, is nothing short of miraculous.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Making Pakistani cricket likeable again.

I'd be curious to see where the likes of smali honestly rate Misbah as a captain compared to the likes of Imran. Because what he's achieved as captain, given all the off field circumstances that have sorrounded Pakistan, is nothing short of miraculous.
May have to fact check this, but I think he's the only captain in history to have whitewashed both England and Australia.

I've never seen Imran play, so I can't be entirely objective, but I think Misbah has surpassed him as Pak's greatest captain.