• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe thread

Langeveldt

Soutie
gotta love the ICC's wisdom and leadership in all this.. Its a wonder why people arent protesting against them....

"If we keep our eyes shut and say nothing then we can pretend that none of this will happen! No Sanath, that 720* didnt count because we didnt see it.. In fact, we dont often see anything do we Murali?:"

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lankan cricket really needs a change of image. They're persisting with ideas and methods that don't work, for a long time. This is their best chance.

anzac

International Debutant
Murali for the record;
Tillekeratne to score some runs & save / prolong his career for a while longer;
Jayasuriya to go close to Lara's record???

:laugh:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Havent some of the lesser players who have been included in the Zimbabwe setup refused to play?? Quite right too, damn good on them... Let them keep their dignity and become better cricketers before being made to play for the ZANUCU...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Havent some of the lesser players who have been included in the Zimbabwe setup refused to play?? Quite right too, damn good on them... Let them keep their dignity and become better cricketers before being made to play for the ZANUCU...
I've read that there have been three black players who are reluctant to involve themselve in playing for Mugabwe.

Cricinfo's interpretation of the rumour mill is that they're three of the better players - Mluleki Nkala, Douglas Hondo and Dion Ebrahim.

I would not want to be in Tatenda Taibu's shoes right now.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i agree, if the other 'experienced' black players don't play, he would have a tough decision
1) he plays, captains his country (sureley the first captain to bat, bowl and keep in a test)... gotta be tempting

2) he also steps aside, cricket career on hold for a time, maybe over. but probably the right thing to do

iamdavid

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
I've read that there have been three black players who are reluctant to involve themselve in playing for Mugabwe.

Cricinfo's interpretation of the rumour mill is that they're three of the better players - Mluleki Nkala, Douglas Hondo and Dion Ebrahim.

I would not want to be in Tatenda Taibu's shoes right now.
Oh dear

With those three there one could pray for even the slightest glimmer of a contest , Hondo & Nkala being the three best seamers named in the squad (says alot) & Ebrahim the second best batsman (says even more).

But without them around its really looking like a joke.....hopefully they sort things out before Australia tour or they'll be absolutely mauled....not that Sri Lanka wont do the same to them in the mean time.

rolande

School Boy/Girl Captain
if matty hayden got 380 against an almost full strengh side then im tipping murali to get his 100 and after in the aussie series the aussie will get 1000 and maybe hayden ponting langer 200 apiece and warne to finally get that 100 hes been looking for ever since the stupid slogg to the nz player cant remember which

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The sole white player Brendon Taylor I imagine is feeling the heat big-time.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Warnie was out for 99 caught by Mark Richardson on the square leg boundary. And i'd have to say it is in my top 3 list for the greatest/funniest moments in cricket ever.

Fleming even made sure that Warnie knew that the square leg was going back, lol..he's a sucker for punishment.

Chubb

International Regular
Is Taylor the sole white player? what about Edward Rainsford? That sounds like a european name to me. Good for Hondo, Nkala and Ebrahim, if it is them.

This is going to be a complete shambles. I recks in the tests one Sri Lankan will go close to 350 at least.

tooextracool

International Coach
out of all the players that were sacked i feel for sean ervine.the man had a really bright future and could have been as good as andy flower.at 20 his career is over....unless he tries to get into the SA team

Langeveldt

Soutie
I dont know if i want Zimbabwe to put up a brave fight or get absolutely crushed....

Some people think the game of cricket is going from strength to strength... The very fact that this match is going ahead is clarification that it has just hit rock bottom...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well, the proverbial impact with the fan will occur tomorrow at 0830 BST... Let's hope Zimbabwe get hammered.

Last edited: