• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introducing Live Odds: Track betting site and cricrate odds during match

viriya

International Captain
Introducing Live odds - you can now track betting site odds and cricrate odds for live ODI and T20 matches. The data is updated every 2 minutes during a live match, and similar past match scenarios are also displayed.

Currently live RCB vs Kings XI IPL match odds:
cricrate | Live Odds

This is a work-in-progress and the cricrate odds will improve with time (utilizing machine learning soon) - any feedback is welcome.

cc16.png

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
ATM this doesn't seem to be adding anything other than removing the manual work from Custom (which is an improvement for sure).
Not sure how you plan to incorporate machine learning, so will reserve my judgement

As I said before, it will be a huge improvement if you link this to the player ratings - but I guess that will be too much work.

viriya

International Captain
ATM this doesn't seem to be adding anything other than removing the manual work from Custom (which is an improvement for sure).
Not sure how you plan to incorporate machine learning, so will reserve my judgement

As I said before, it will be a huge improvement if you link this to the player ratings - but I guess that will be too much work.
This is lining up live betting site odds with cricrate odds - which was a pretty big technical challenge for me (involving AWS EC2 instances and S3 and some packages I hadn't worked with before).

ML algorithm takes into account player ratings - one of the many features used. Wanted to introduce this first then upgrade odds after getting feedback on the overall setup.

viriya

International Captain
If you mean player ratings of the batsman to come - that's much tougher. I mean more of the team in general and then decaying with wickets.

viriya

International Captain
Does it take into account what ground the match is being played at?
No I don't think viriya takes grounds/pitch into account in cricodds.
In my factor and ML models I take player ratings, ground expected runs, home/away, momentum features into account. Ground doesn't seem to matter much though - aside from the usual run rate/wickets/overs factors the most important factors are team ratings and player ratings which I guess isn't surprising.

The odds shown now are simply the ratio of similar past match scenarios that ended in wins.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Do you have to manually update the live score or there's a mechanism to automatically update the score from cricinfo or some other source?

viriya

International Captain
Do you have to manually update the live score or there's a mechanism to automatically update the score from cricinfo or some other source?
If you think I update the live score manually every 2 minutes you might be overestimating how committed I am to this...

It's automated.

viriya

International Captain
DD's odds dipped to 0 for a while. That looked bad.
Yea this is a real WIP - especially since this is the most basic odds I have right now. Need some more work to show factor/ML odds which I probably won't get to till the weekend.

In terms of stuff I'm showing - anything that can be improved?