Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree469Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2017

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Zinzan's Avatar
    Ohh Bangers (and mash).

School Boy/Girl Cricketer bigmitch's Avatar
    Wow, Dickwella on fire. Was really impressed with his strokeplay in the "Who Cares Cup" (Stuart Clarke) T20 series down here in Aus.

International Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    Really good from Bangladesh to bowl us out for under 500 considering where we started the day.. Hopefully our bowlers will make early in roads..
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Cricketer Of The Year AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Third time that we bowled SL out. Just goes to show how dominant SL been in the past as we played quite a few with them.
    zorax likes this.
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.
    Supporting XI
    Soumya Sarkar, Liton Das, Pinak Ghosh, Mominul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Shabbir, Nurul Hasan, Saifuddin, Mehedi Miraz, Abu Hider, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman

God tamim is one crazy ****er

State Vice-Captain
    Mendis was threatening Bannerman's record for highest percentage of the team score in a test, again !
    zorax likes this.

International Captain StephenZA's Avatar
    Disappointing to see Mendis did not get his double.... opportunities don`t come along very often (even against Bangladesh).
    "Here are the opinions on which my facts are based." - Humanity
    "Man occasionally stumbles on the truth, but then just picks himself up and hurries on regardless." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by stphndbsn View Post
    Disappointing to see Mendis did not get his double.... opportunities don`t come along very often (even against Bangladesh).
    Yeah it was there for the taking

The biggest brain fade ever. Ball goes to keeper and off goes tamim for a run and gets run out. Wtf
    zorax likes this.

vcs
    Good stuff from Bangladesh so far. They are becoming more solid as a batting side which is encouraging. Hope they don't promptly collapse from here now that I've praised them.
    zorax likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Will take a big collapse from here from one of the teams, if this test has to have a result - especially given the weather forecast

Edit: Lol, and Bangla seems to have started to collapse
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Genuine self induced world class run out by formerly known as the tits
    zorax likes this.

International Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    Strong response from Bangladesh..Well done

U19 Cricketer
    Mominul hasn't been the same ever since the Zimbabwe test series. He is clearly struggling. Tamim is a joke. I'm actually not happy with Fizz's bowling. He tries too many things in test matches. He needs to keep it simple otherwise he will struggle. ODI and T20 is a completely different ball game compared to tests. Fizz should see how Hazlewood bowls in tests who doesn't possess the talent Fizz possesses. I also think Mushfiqur overused him yet again. Sri Lanka are clearly on top after those first 2 days: they are a difficult side to face in tests for most opposition at home. Mushfiqur also needs to resign as captain, and he of all people should know he doesn't have the leadership skills. Mahmudullah will be a far better captain, but his batting in tests is left to be desired. Don't be surprised if Sri Lanka win this series 2-0 as it's really expected. Sri Lanka players are far more intelligent than Bangladesh players, and look more athletic. I will still persist with Imrul over Sarker in tests, but Sarker success in tests will bode well when it comes to the ODI leg. Ideally I would like to see this XI in the ODI series: Tamim, Sarker, Shabbir, Mushfiqur, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek...

Quote Originally Posted by Energetic View Post
    Mominul hasn't been the same ever since the Zimbabwe test series. He is clearly struggling. Tamim is a joke. I'm actually not happy with Fizz's bowling. He tries too many things in test matches. He needs to keep it simple otherwise he will struggle. ODI and T20 is a completely different ball game compared to tests. Fizz should see how Hazlewood bowls in tests who doesn't possess the talent Fizz possesses. I also think Mushfiqur overused him yet again. Sri Lanka are clearly on top after those first 2 days: they are a difficult side to face in tests for most opposition at home. Mushfiqur also needs to resign as captain, and he of all people should know he doesn't have the leadership skills. Mahmudullah will be a far better captain, but his batting in tests is left to be desired. Don't be surprised if Sri Lanka win this series 2-0 as it's really expected. Sri Lanka players are far more intelligent than Bangladesh players, and look more athletic. I will still persist with Imrul over Sarker in tests, but Sarker success in tests will bode well when it comes to the ODI leg. Ideally I would like to see this XI in the ODI series: Tamim, Sarker, Shabbir, Mushfiqur, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek...
    Mominul getting the fifties against England and NZ but failing to convert. Hes due a big one and I think he will get one in this series. Still one of the important members in the side.

You are a bit harsh on Fizz. He has been the most economical. Not easy coming back and its not an easy pitch for the bowlers. He did not bowl exceptionally well but did not bowl badly either. We need to lower the expectation from him too. He is not going to destroy line ups in all matches.
    zorax likes this.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information