• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Auction Draft

Compton

International Debutant
The problem that happens is that somebody can wait until 21.30 and post exactly on that time and you have no ability to up your bid, even if you were willing to bid more. Consider it is an auction give people say 2 min after the last bid after 21:30 to up their bid. This stops "sniping" Theoretically, this could allow a perpetuity of bidding but practically nobody will go forever.. my thought suggestion.
I don't hate this. Bidding will close at the later of the advertised closing time, and 2 mins following the last bid.

kingkallis

International Coach
Yeah your bid is technically late, but I've allowed late bids before and so everything before my "end of round" post counts. I may change this rule to have it go by actual forum time, so I'd appreciate thoughts on this.

Either way, yes.
Thats not how it works mate. I got Kallis as per the rules. Check the time line again.

kingkallis

International Coach
You do know that's not the way an auction works don't you?
I had included Freddie and Ashwin only in case someone bids for them @ last minute. Stphnbdsn bid for Kallis so I just pressed enter. Nobody had placed any bid for Ashwin and Freddie hence the request.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I had included Freddie and Ashwin only in case someone bids for them @ last minute. Stphnbdsn bid for Kallis so I just pressed enter. Nobody had placed any bid for Ashwin and Freddie hence the request.
So you made the bids. Can't retract them otherwise you could bid minimum on a player then a really high bid straight away and if nobody outbids you, claim the minimum bid as the winning bid.

kingkallis

International Coach
So you made the bids. Can't retract them otherwise you could bid minimum on a player then a really high bid straight away and if nobody outbids you, claim the minimum bid as the winning bid.
Fair enough. I will keep them as per the rules.

Compton

International Debutant
Right I'm getting mixed opinions on various issues now. I'm taking responsibility as I didn't set clear enough rules.

I make the following executive decrees.

1) From this point onwards, bidding will end at the advertised time. Bids timed at 2129 are on time. Bids timed at 2130 are late.

2) Any bid received at 2129 will extend the window to 2131 being 'on-time'. This will continue indefinitely until a two minute window expires.

3) Players cannot outbid themselves. If a player who is currently the high-bid makes a higher bid for the same player, his lower bid is effective until such time as the higher bid is necessary.

e.g. I bid £1m, then £2m for the same player. My bid is effectively £1m until such time as anyone bids higher than £1m, at which point my £2m becomes 'active'.

4) For the above reason, I accept kingkallis' application to have the lower bids count.

5) Following the controversy around Jacques Kallis' bidding, all bids on Kallis are hereby cancelled. Kallis will be re-auctioned in a later cycle.

6) All decisions on timing will be made based on the time stamp of the post.

Compton

International Debutant
p.s. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by any of this.

I love you all, please continue to support Compton Drafts Inc.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
since we are weighing in, i think at the last hour or so before the round ending, one has to bid min $500k above the last bid. its because the zone timing difference its not possible to check at the very last hour so if you want your man then bid more. $100k makes little difference although fine initially

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'm gonna keep playing but I'm not logging in at a particular time to make small incremental bids. So we'll see how I go!

Compton

International Debutant
End of Round 6

Alec Stewart to AndrewB for $3m
Mark Boucher to kingkallis for $2.1m
Ian Healy to stphndbsn for $5.7m
Moin Khan to honestbharani for $500k
Adam Gilchrist to Compton for $12.7m

Compton

International Debutant
Auction Round 7 - "Let's talk about six, baby"

1) Shahid Afridi (PAK)