• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Misbah now averages 35 outside UAE/Pakistan

Blocky

Banned
Meaningless, considering he just beat England in England and was one of the main reasons as a batsman that they got there.

Blocky

Banned
September was 100 days ago, pal.

That's "just" about the time Australia were being butchered in Sri Lanka.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So Misbah isn't an all-time great batsman with a complete record? Oh well, not many are.

He's still a good batsman, and one of the best captains in the last 10 years, considering the crap he has to deal with.

Blocky

Banned
So Misbah isn't an all-time great batsman with a complete record? Oh well, not many are.

He's still a good batsman, and one of the best captains in the last 10 years, considering the crap he has to deal with.
Any Pakistan captain that lasts as long as he has, and gets the types of performances out of the team that he has, and has done it while being in his late thirties/early forties deserves a lot of credit and respect. But I do think he's playing his last series.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does it include his record against India? I remember he batted very well in 2007, on pretty flat tracks it must be said.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Meaningless, considering he just beat England in England and was one of the main reasons as a batsman that they got there.
You are aware that 2-2 is commonly considered to be a draw right?

Also, it kind of defeats the point you're labouring to try and bag out Steve Smith about 3rd and 4th innings runs when he didn't score a run in either team second innings in the games they won in that series.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
You are aware that 2-2 is commonly consider d to be a draw right?

Also, it kind of defeats the point you're labouring to try and bag out Steve Smith about 3rd and 4th innings runs when he didn't score a run in either team second innings in the games they won in that series.
No one is claiming Misbah to be an ATG batsman, unlike Smith.

And I was meaning winning matches, not the series, Pakistan beating England in England, in a match was an amazing accomplishment considering pre-series what the odds were.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

And I was meaning winning matches, not the series, Pakistan beating England in England, in a match was an amazing accomplishment considering pre-series what the odds were.
So you change what is relevant to suit your argument and attempt to discredit Smith then. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Blocky

Banned
So you change what is relevant to suit your argument and attempt to discredit Smith then. Thanks for clearing that up for us.
Why are you making a thread about Misbah about Smith? Because I've said in another thread that Smith isn't the best player in the world? And you're claiming I change my argument to suit? No, I just don't follow you from thread to thread to have the same argument repeatedly.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
All-round records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Outside of UAE and Pakistan, Misbah averages 35 with 3 centuries. These stats do not include games played vs minnows (Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and West Indies). If you add West Indies, his average goes up to 36, as he has 1 away ton vs them.
Who Cares? **** the numbers, he is excellent in tests.

Anyways, Misbah is signing a 4-year deal with WWE. He is going to retire soon and focus on his wrestling career.

Compton

International Debutant
Misbah now averages 35 outside UAE/Pakistan*

*if you ignore his performances in a third of the nations he has played in.

Making points using stats is often strained at the best of times. But making points using some, but not all, of the available information is infuriating.

Steve Smith now averages 33 if you ignore all tests played outside of Wales.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You are aware that 2-2 is commonly considered to be a draw right?

If this thread descends into **** it wasn't blocky's fault imo. He meant matches and even if he didn't it was probably an honest slip up. Bringing up Smith for no reason is a bit dire as well.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
*if you ignore his performances in a third of the nations he has played in.
No, he still averages in the 30s when Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and West Indies are included.

But making points using some, but not all, of the available information is infuriating.
You cannot make a point about a batsman's stats outside of the UAE if you include the batsman's stats in the UAE.

You cannot make a point about a batsman's stats vs non minnows if you include the batsman's stats vs minnows.