• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tier B ODI XI

Shri

Mr. Glass
Take your Bevans, Sachins and Haydens and throw them out. Who would make your all time ODI B team?

Sehwag
Gayle
Sangakkara
Kallis
Yuvraj
Dilshan
Flintoff
Klusener
Lee
Saqlain
Bond

#Bored

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Kraigg Brathwaite
Gavaskar
Chanderpaul
Dravid
Misbah
Cook
Sunil Narine
Bolt
Gough
Walsh
Gillespie

I call this my "world's slowest ODI batting unit plus a disparate collection of bowlers" team.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
My first team would be:

Gilchrist +
Tendulkar
V.Richards
Kohli
DeVilliers
Symonds 6
Kapil 4
Wasim 2
Garner 3
Murali 5
McGrath 1

Second:

Lara
M.Waugh 6
Ponting
Abbas
Dhoni +
Hussey
Watson 5
Hadlee 2
Ambrose 1
Warne 4
Donald 3

Third

Sanath 6
Dilshan
D.Jones
Sangakkara +
Amla
Miandad
Cairns 4
Vettori 5
Pollock 3
Lee 2
Waqar 1

listento_me

U19 Captain
Kraigg Brathwaite
Gavaskar
Chanderpaul
Dravid
Misbah
Cook
Sunil Narine
Bolt
Gough
Walsh
Gillespie

I call this my "world's slowest ODI batting unit plus a disparate collection of bowlers" team.
Lol dunno what to make of this

Misbah is a better and more active bat then you're giving him credit for and Narine and Bolt both could end up with very good careers. Plus why is cook so low?

I like the idea though.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol dunno what to make of this

Misbah is a better and more active bat then you're giving him credit for and Narine and Bolt both could end up with very good careers. Plus why is cook so low?

I like the idea though.
He's the icing in this team.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it's everyone's AT 2nd XIs, it provides more context if they post both as RH did.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My first team would be:

Gilchrist +
Tendulkar
V.Richards
Kohli
DeVilliers
Symonds 6
Kapil 4
Wasim 2
Garner 3
Murali 5
McGrath 1

Second:

Lara
M.Waugh 6
Ponting
Abbas
Dhoni +
Hussey
Watson 5
Hadlee 2
Ambrose 1
Warne 4
Donald 3

Third

Sanath 6
Dilshan
D.Jones
Sangakkara +
Amla
Miandad
Cairns 4
Vettori 5
Pollock 3
Lee 2
Waqar 1
Must say I'm stunned neither Flintoff nor Klusener can make even your 3rd XI, yet Symonds makes your 1st. I do rate Symonds btw, but surely he's a tad below those former too.

I think there's a decent case for Flintoff as the best ODI allrounder ever if you really look at him numbers in context. If he did miss out making my 1st XI< he'd definitely make my 2nd.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
flintoff was an absolute beast. arguably the best death bowler of all time.

what really counts against him is that he never did it at a world cup.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Hashim Amla
2. Sanath Jayasuriya (7)
3. Kane Williamson *
4. Zaheer Abbas
5. AB de Villiers +
6. Ryan ten Doeschate (6)
7. Lance Klusener (5)
8. Wasim Akram (1)
9. Saqlain Mushtaq (4)
10. Joel Garner (3)
11. Shane Bond (2)

#NoBigThree

Red

Must say I'm stunned neither Flintoff nor Klusener can make even your 3rd XI, yet Symonds makes your 1st. I do rate Symonds btw, but surely he's a tad below those former too.

I think there's a decent case for Flintoff as the best ODI allrounder ever if you really look at him numbers in context. If he did miss out making my 1st XI< he'd definitely make my 2nd.
I always forget someone in these exercise, in this one I've forgotten two pretty big names.

Regarding Symonds, he'll always be in my first XI. Incredibly imposing batsman at #6 and his bowling is a bonus really (I have five frontline bowlers in the side already). A lot of what I want is his fielding. Such a force in the inner ring, and fielding is so important in ODIs. In hindsight Flintoff or Klusener could replace either Watto or Cairns in the 2nd or 3rd XI, or they could replace Kapil in the first XI. Guess the thing about these exercises is that a good player (or a few) always misses out.

Red

@RH - Amla at 5?
Had to have him in. Unfortunately my third XI has heaps of top order bats. Deano, Sanga and Amla. Maybe Amla to open and Dilshan down the order? Not sure.

CapeTown Guy

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think, considering Amla scored only 20 of his 6,500 runs in ODIs (reaching various milestones along the way as the most prolific opened in ODI history), at an average of 52, I reckon its fair to have him as the opener and shoehorn someone else down the order.

J_C

U19 Captain
A XI

Tendulkar
Lara
Jones
Viv (c)
ABdV
Dhoni +
Flintoff
Akram
Saqlain