• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Lyon v. Ravi Jadeja

Flem274*

123/5
lyon is terrible in asia but he gets big credit for being good in two of the three off spinners graveyards (need to double check SA). this can go round in circles all night.

which is probably why teja started the thread

indiaholic

International Captain
Nah. Jadeja is a better dirt-track terror than Shakib. Shakib's just a better spinner all-round. And both are significantly better than Lyon.

Although they both have the lefty thing going for them.
Did you always not rate Lyon? Or is this a recent development?

Burner

International Regular
Jadeja is a fun bastard to watch as well. Unlike Nathan 'i don't want to be here' Lyon.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lyon sucks in Asia, and that's on him and he needs to fix that, otherwise don't whinge about India getting bowler friendly wickets. But man he's a different bowler under Clarke compared to what he is under Smith. He's not been captained well. Hopefully for him Smith learns how to use spinners better. Because his confidence was hammered. Part of that was from Saffers' batting, but definitely part of that was Smith treating him like he's Ansari, not a bloke with 200+ test wickets.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
All Burgeying aside, Jadeja has actually developed a hell of a lot as a spinner since his come back from the shoulder injury. He has been doing people in flight, dip and getting them out off loopy turners that turn and bounce more or less than expected. If he had been bowling one way, he would have been found out by now, even granting that he has been bowling on drier tracks. He has evolved both as a batsman and as a bowler and still has a big ceiling as a batsman and continues to be an excellent ground fielder. Any team would love to have him today, and in most conditions I would dare say.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depends entirely on where they're playing really

though Lyon did take 7-94 in India, which I highly doubt Jadeja could ever do in Australia

but then again, Lyon is **** and everyone is better than Lyon

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
True. Lyon really cleverly threw up his pies to get Kohli and gang caught on the boundary that game
Don't forget that half tracker to Vijay that got him LBW when India were cruising to victory. Still wahhh so hard about Vijay missing it.

Then got Rahane out with a shocking decision.

so much wahh.

I blame that loss on Saha. WAC

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't forget that half tracker to Vijay that got him LBW when India were cruising to victory. Still wahhh so hard about Vijay missing it.

Then got Rahane out with a shocking decision.

so much wahh.

I blame that loss on Saha. WAC
I blame it on India bowling so badly they took 12 wickets for the match and relied on two declarations to even get into a contest on day five.

But I guess I'm a bit old fashioned like that.