• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medium pacers in international cricket

mackembhoy

International Debutant
As I saw a few discussing Keaton Jennings ability to bowl some medium pace.

It got me thinking of who out there really gets a bowl at this pace. There seemed to be plenty years bodering on a all rounder status. Colly and Bopara being 2 English examples that spring to mind.

Warner is probably the only player I can think of recently I've seen bowling it.

There's a few fast mediums whose pace is borderline medium, but not genuine.

A dying art? The token off spinning batsman more in vogue now at the top level.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Stuart Binny

Kohli - though he doesn't do it much after Albie Morkel smacked him for 28 runs off an over.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Warner and Kohli are barely medium, they are more Slow-Medium (or Slow-Slow take your pick.)

Dhoni can actually bowl some non-rubbish stuff when he is not doing what he is mostly known for.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Forgot about Binny. That's the best shout of a geniune medium pacer who isn't purely a batsman.

Watson was someone I'd class as fast medium who lost pace.

Kohli I didn't realise had bowled as much as he had. I thought him against the windies in the WT20 semi was the first time he'd bowled.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Always enjoyed watching Graham Gooch bowl, and thought he should have bowled more. Could do a bit with it, would nip around a bit, and was one of those guys who could bowl a surprising bouncer from time to time. Bit like Mark Waugh before he converted to spin.

Flem274*

123/5
Lord Colin de ATGrandhomme decimated Pakistan on dayboo with his fierce medium pace, and was too fiery for the chips of George Bailey and the defense of Mitchell Marsh last night.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nathan Astle was almost the epitome of medium pacers for me. Or at least, batsmen who bowl medium pace.

cnerd123

likes this
Praveen Kumar barely ever got into the 130s, as did Bhuvi early in his career

Lots of Associates still rely on medium pacers too

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Praveen Kumar was pretty much medium pace, wasn't he? Hooped it miles too.

On the subject of Kiwi dibbly dobbers, he mightn't get much of a look in internationally nowadays but Jesse Ryder has taken a fair few pegs for Essex over the last few seasons.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't forget super pig Styris. Who could forget his waddle up to the crease.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How do you define medium and medium pace? I think 120+ is usually medium-fast and not just medium. So if we are looking at the Astle,Ganguly levels, it has to be a few clicks lower than that too on average right?

Don't think we have anyone who bowls that kinda medium full time, even as all rounders. Ryder and maybe Jennings from what I have read about his bowling?