• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Neil Fairbrother or Roger Twose - Who was the better ODI bat?

Who was better

• Fairbrother

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Twose

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Two players who were as useful as a wet socks in tests, but who both could easily make their nation's ATG ODI sides when you think about it

Both average about 39, have a strike rate around 74, and both have 1 ton. Both have cool names too.

Who was better though? Both should have played way more looking at their stats.

Blocky

Banned
Easily Twose, he was ranked #2 worldwide at one point and was a major difference maker for NZ at the top of the order.

VC the slogger

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tough choice, but I'll go for Twose because of his superior record in World Cups and his ability to often stick it to Australia & South Africa, the two best ODI teams of his time.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
When he was dismissed for 2, 0, 2, 2 in the West Indies in 1996, someone (possibly Roger himself) quipped that he should change his name to "Roger Centuries".

mr_mister

another day, another old thread revival.

this one never got the discussion it warranted back in the day. a good comparison I feel.

Still waiting for Fred to weigh in on Fairbrother

Borges

International Regular
Fairbrother, I suppose. He started playing about a decade earlier, when the average ODI scores (and scoring rates) were probably lower.

mr_mister

unfortunately I can hardly find any of Twose's innings from his tremendous 99-00 run on youtube. I managed to find Fairbrother's only ODI ton on there, a decent innings.