• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

Dendarii

International Debutant
https://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/CricketWorldCup2019/proteas-facing-another-injury-worry-ahead-of-windies-20190607

Southampton - The Proteas go into Monday's crucial World Cup clash against West Indies at the Rose Bowl in Southampton with another injury concern.

It comes in the form of middle order batsman Rassie van der Dussen, who strained his groin while fielding in Wednesday's six-wicket loss to India, also at the Rose Bowl.
The article doesn't say how serious it is, but he's one of the few players we definitely don't want to lose.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
'When I had the ball in my hand, I wanted to kill someone' | The Cricket Monthly | ESPN Cricinfo

Ngam one of the great what if stories..... I loved watching him bowl looked such a natural athlete. Long may his good work continue.
That beautiful action... It's unfortunate how injuries can destroy a dream. Brett Schultz should have been leading the attack with Donald in the 90s. Ngam and Ntini in the 00s would have given us good depth. Alas it wasn't meant to be.

Dendarii

International Debutant
It really says something when Jacques Kallis and Herschelle Gibbs aren't willing to face you. It's awesome that he's been involved in the development of young players as I don't think anyone would have blamed him if he'd drifted away from cricket after his career was curtailed by those injuries.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually thought there was but I can't find it. Maybe I saw it on TV in a rain break or something.
Would have loved to see more of Ngam, vaguely recall seeing a bit of him in NZ on YouTube too but that was a fair while back.

That reminds me, did you ever find out if you had video of a Mark Cameron spell from a while back, at one stage you said you might?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would have loved to see more of Ngam, vaguely recall seeing a bit of him in NZ on YouTube too but that was a fair while back.

That reminds me, did you ever find out if you had video of a Mark Cameron spell from a while back, at one stage you said you might?
I know I have it somewhere but I didn't find it when I searched my main backups which means it's on an old hard drive at the back of my wardrobe somewhere. Probably isn't going to be found/uploaded any time soon but we may be lucky. :p

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I know I have it somewhere but I didn't find it when I searched my main backups which means it's on an old hard drive at the back of my wardrobe somewhere. Probably isn't going to be found/uploaded any time soon but we may be lucky. :p
Ah well, thanks for looking anyway. Hopefully one day sometime something will appear.

Anyway, back on topic, any ideas on how Ngidi is travelling with his recovery? Would be a huge blow if he is ruled out as well

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Ah well, thanks for looking anyway. Hopefully one day sometime something will appear.

Anyway, back on topic, any ideas on how Ngidi is travelling with his recovery? Would be a huge blow if he is ruled out as well
He should be ready for the game against Afg. I am interested to see if he plays though and/or who gets dropped?

Dendarii

International Debutant
He should be ready for the game against Afg. I am interested to see if he plays though and/or who gets dropped?
They've got to bring Ngidi back as he's better than both Morris and Hendricks. I Hendricks will be the one to miss out as Morris will most likely keep his place because of his performance against India with bat and ball.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I am starting to think that van der Dussen needs to go to India. Shown so much composure at international level, and seems to play spin well enough.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Another disappointing WC from SA. No real surprises but our batting has been even poorer than I expected. Bowling has not been terrible overall, even if not always great. Injuries have not always helped, but it was poor selection as well.

Need a total overall of the entire international team now and rebuild.

Last edited:

Heboric

International Debutant
In theory we can still get through, but yeah we are so **** right now, can see us struggling to win the needed games

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I am starting to think that van der Dussen needs to go to India. Shown so much composure at international level, and seems to play spin well enough.
Top bloke as well. Never seen an international cricketer take time out from a tight finish to sign a punter’s shoe.