• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official: Countdown to the 2017-2018 Ashes***

adub

International Captain
Will Cook even make it that far?

And considering his record apart from that one golden summer, would the Poms even miss him?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

And considering his record apart from that one golden summer, would the Poms even miss him?
He's not that old no?

Plus while his conversion rate recently is pretty crappy, he's still in good form. He'll play in 2017/18.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

LOL wat??? We've tried every batsmen in the country out as a partner for him at the top. Pretty sure we don't want to run through that cycle again to fill his spot. He would be missed.

And he's only 31.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How boring would those conversations mid-pitch in between every over be with him.

Burgey

Yep. That's why the other openers keep failing. They don't want to bat with him.

Burgey

I thought you'd be more interested in your other team now the Bangers' series is done.

Anyway, please refer to the OP

Anyway, all Anglo-Australian banter welcome. Usual rules apply. Mods, please sticky this thread asap; a subforum will be opened up in due course, neutral fans are irrelevant

Burgey

Excellent point. A pair of people so boring that silence was actually more entertaining than anything either of them has ever said.

Burgey

I feel sorry for you because you've had a big win, but now the series is over you have to go hating on other countries' series, and saying your team (well, one of them anyway) would beat these two protagonists. I can understand you'd want the glory of it all to remain for as long as possible. It's the equivalent of how Australian football fans felt at the 2006 WC, when our team played really well. We wanted to continue basking in the glory of what they did (and keep talking about the horror of the last minute loss to Italy), but sadly for us then as with Bangladesh fans now, the big boys of the sport just kept on their merry way and didn't really give what we'd done a second thought.

I know that's hard to take, because what Bangladesh just did was a big achievement. But it's done now. The dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on (as the immortal Paul Keating once said).

Burgey

I'm not going to sugarcoat the truth mate. ***** is an adult(ish) human being. He can cope with it.

cnerd123

likes this
I get 3 Burgey posts directed at me for an offhand (yet truthful) comment.

And he calls me irrelevant. Pffft.