• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

We want to see Richard's 1st chance averages

Swervy

International Captain
I am sure we would all like to see the first class averages...well I would, coz I think there is SOME merit in them.

So come on Richard, put your cards on the table and show us these averages.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
They will be hard to bring up since they arn't a feature on Cricinfo! :lol:

But yes I'm interisted.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
How about bowlers averages that take into account the wickets they would have gotten if dropped catches etc would have been taken!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They will be nearly impossible to calculate as they aren't acknowledged by the ICC nor the game itself, therefore it would require watching of documented footage, reading of reports (in hope that they are detailed and accurate) and a strong matter of opinion.

Basically, they don't exist except in the minds of a few.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I know that Bradman would have averaged 68 in tests if every chance off him had been held...

Maybe some educated guesswork is required for the rest...:)

Swervy

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
They will be nearly impossible to calculate as they aren't acknowledged by the ICC nor the game itself, therefore it would require watching of documented footage, reading of reports (in hope that they are detailed and accurate) and a strong matter of opinion.

Basically, they don't exist except in the minds of a few.
well richard is the man to see on this...he must have the most comprehensive archive of cricket stats and cricket footage of any 18 year on the planet....since...Bill frindell was 18 years old.

So c'mon Richard let us all see these figures..what is the point of knowledge if it isnt shared.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
I know that Bradman would have averaged 68 in tests if every chance off him had been held...
So high?

It surprises me that anyone would get anywhere near that figure to be honest.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
I dont see how any one can come up with the stats... There are so many aspects to consider.

Theres missed runouts, missed stumpings, bad umpiring and of course missed catches(and if you have two fielders like a nehra or a ponting, the same stroke could be clean stroke for the first and a possible missed chance for the latter)

Mingster

State Regular
This whole Richard's averages thing is a farce.

There are so many flaws.

Richard hasn't even seen most of the games so how can he produce these? He can't.

Mingster

State Regular
Craig said:
You will be surprised Mingster.
Well Richard Dickinson needs to bloody show me because all he has done is TALK TALK TALK.

And he seems to have disappeared now.

Swervy

International Captain
well Richard either chose to not reply to this thread, or he is busy getting the 'averages' together..i hope its the latter

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
well Richard either chose to not reply to this thread, or he is busy getting the 'averages' together..i hope its the latter

Hehe, its probably the former though...

I got Bradman's average of 68 from Wisden... It must have been from some guy who compiled it from all his test reports.. Or maybe there is footage of them all....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
a 1st chance average cant come in because noone will agree on what defines a chance...

PS im thinking Richards just ignoring this thread...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Raj123 said:
I dont see how any one can come up with the stats... There are so many aspects to consider.

Theres missed runouts, missed stumpings, bad umpiring and of course missed catches(and if you have two fielders like a nehra or a ponting, the same stroke could be clean stroke for the first and a possible missed chance for the latter)
Exactly. I tried explaining that to him but it didn't go through. The definition of a chance varies, and one's opinion of what a chance is doesn't make it true.