• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Question No One Here Would Dare Ask

Shri

Mr. Glass
Agree had Sami been an India bowler, not so much Sharma as a Pakistan batsman though. Pakistan have had no shortage of fantastically naturally talented batsmen pretty much since forever, they just have a unique way of stifling that talent and screwing with their heads.

Not sure Sharma would have been much different in that regard. I think it's the mental toughness that made the likes of Misbah and Younis ultimately survivors of the Pakistani set-up and even they have been in out out many times...

They would have found a way to mess Sharma up somewhere along the line, whether it was an inexplicable dropping, giving him the captaincy prematurely or some other weird bizarre political reason.
He would have easily been InzyLite.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A Question Every One Here Has Asked Themselves At Some Point - Does Gnske know how to do a custom Google search?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just a question fam.

I know nothing about geopolitics or anything else for that matter, but I was just bewildered by why one side of this arbitrary border of what's essentially the same country (or so I'm told) has produced such a rich history of fast bowlers, while on the other side you have shunts like Ishant Sharma and just a rich tradition of semi-par batsmen with some exceptional talents.

While we're at it we could also expand this to asking on the opposite border why Bangladesh has never produced a single good cricketer to speak of. I like to think about geography and its effects on how good cricketers can be.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangladesh is always having floods and monsoonal cyclones which wipe out 3/4 of its population each calendar year, and just as importantly all its infrastructure. So what happens is, they produce someone who's half decent, but even if they survive another year there aren't any training facilities.

Basically it's the Haiti of the subcontinent.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
gets asked all the time tbh.

more interesting question is why haven't england produced a legit atg since ian botham?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh god not this again. I love the cycles CW goes through.. I have been here 10 years now and every few years, certain threads just keep repeating themselves.

Zinzan

Oh god not this again. I love the cycles CW goes through.. I have been here 10 years now and every few years, certain threads just keep repeating themselves.
True, although tbf, they're generally from new members and they're relatively common questions/discussion points for cricket fans.

Just us old timers have been around the block a few times ;)

Zinzan

Such a tough one isn't it. I just find it so hard to call him an ATG, and it's probably unfair because statistically speaking it's hard to argue with.

I always thought KP > Cook quite comfortably.

Daemon

Cook is definitely an ATG.

Easy to forget how important and tough a job opening the batting in Tests is.

Howe_zat

Audio File
More questions no one here would dare ask:

Who was better, Warne or Murali?
Who would you pick in your All-Time XI?
Will Kane Williamson average over 50?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who is the best vegetarian to have done the double? Take a test hattrick and score twin 50s in a Test?