• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phil Simmons sacked as West Indies coach

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What could they be displeased with? They only just won the only trophy they care about.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
This is what Cameron did to Otis too. He likes firing people just before important tours. Everyone comes and goes but him.

Phil is a good man and an excellent cricket coach, particularly in Limited Overs cricket. Our fielding has improved a lot in his short time and the warm ups I have seen have been of a very high standard. Team morale has also seemed to be pretty good. My only cricketing complaint was that I'm not sure how cut out he was for coaching a test cricket team. The team would make a mistake on Day 1 and come out and make the same mistake on following days which does point to a lack of leadership in that format.

Still, I don't think he was doing a bad job in terms of cricket coaching though. His problem was working with the WICB and he failed completely at that. He certainly isn't a diplomat as his public statements about missing senior players showed. I like that he called a spade a spade and held WICB to account like we all want to but ultimately he has failed because he didn't play the game, is now sacked and will be replaced by a WICB lackey who will not demand that the best players are selected.