• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just seen that Bhuveneshwar is one of few Indian seamers to average under 30. Assumed he must have been carted at some stage to get dropped after how well he played in England but it turns out he didn't even play enough for that.

Never mind Yadav getting picked ahead of him, why were Ishant and Shami getting picked ahead of him?

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Can't say that I'm surprised by the score.

You deserve it when you have a top 3 of Guptill, Latham (he's good no doubt, but still his a few issues) and Nicols.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
For the love of god, can we please get Ryder back into the fold?

I don't care about his attitude, If it keeps out players like Guptill and Nicols. Both are nowhere near Test level.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
***** has been a bit on the touchier side for the last few days..
I blame Nohit.

But all this kiwaaaahing about umpiring and appealing and the pitch is annoying.

What I've learnt from this series so far is that we should never ever ever every drop Bhuvi and Pujara again, and if we do, Kohli should be shot.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I blame Nohit.

But all this kiwaaaahing about umpiring and appealing and the pitch is annoying.

What I've learnt from this series so far is that we should never ever ever every drop Bhuvi and Pujara again, and if we do, Kohli should be shot.
If Kohli gets shot then Rohit Sharma would have to play,

Mike5181

International Captain

I don't care about his attitude, If it keeps out players like Guptill and Nicols. Both are nowhere near Test level.
Ryder was pretty **** for Essex this season. Doubt he'd improve things much.

cnerd123

likes this
The tower lights are working, but sounds like light has been pretty marginal and some of the commentators (e.g. Simon Doull) were surprised at how long they played on for.
Yea this is fair; Ross was clearly struggling to sight the ball, and the umpires weren't asking India to take the pacers off.

Add to that the pitch and how ****ing good Bhuvi and Shami were, and NZ would have done well to play out that passage without loosing a wicket. Tough luck for the kiwis but that's how these things go sometimes.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Neither is Ryder. Hasn't even been able to stay on the park for Essex this season. Averaged 26 in the division 2 county championship. He's done.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just seen that Bhuveneshwar is one of few Indian seamers to average under 30. Assumed he must have been carted at some stage to get dropped after how well he played in England but it turns out he didn't even play enough for that.

Never mind Yadav getting picked ahead of him, why were Ishant and Shami getting picked ahead of him?
Iirc Bhuvi got injured and looked like a trundler on comeback.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

None of them have been particularly terrible recently. Shami was out injured and Ishant and Yadav haven't stunk it up.

Aaron got picked ahead of Bhuvi though which was fail.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So you're telling me Guptill and Nicols are the best we have?...
Well, um, there's this bloke called Kane Williamson who would normally be batting at number 3. Not sure if you've heard of him but he's quite good.

As for Nuptill, he obviously needs to be replaced. But if you think Ryder is next in line to replace him then you're very much mistaken.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea Bhuvi had his injury and has taken some time to recover from it.

He has looked good in ODIs and T20s prior to this, so got back into the Test squad, and clearly seems to be somewhere close to his best.

Pujara and Bhuvi must be locks in the Test side now, along with Ashwin, Vijay and Rahane. And Saha till Sanju Samson is ready for Tests.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Most of our decent batsmen are 30 or close to 30. Might be a good time to use the #6 slot to try out prospects. I hope Sarfaraz Khan is selected in a couple of years at #6.