• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How will Mitchell Starc be remembered when his career is over?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
'Partner of Alyssa Healy'.

But seriously, his body will probably have the biggest say. If stays fit, an ODI ATG and given what he just produced in Sri Lanka, a Test cricketer of great repute too.

Hopefully he'll be remembered as a better bloke as he grows up. At the moment, he's about the biggest stain of an Australian cricketer that I can remember. And I haven't forgotten Brad Haddin.

91Jmay

International Coach
Starc is a good bloke just been bullied into being a ****head by Warne et al. Haddin a horrible arsewhip all around of his own accord

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haddin would be a top bloke to just hang out with and have a beer with off the field but just a **** on the field which is absolutely fine unless you're a crybaby

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Haddin would be a top bloke to just hang out with and have a beer with off the field but just a **** on the field which is absolutely fine unless you're a crybaby
I used to agree with this line of thinking but I've changed my mind. Pretty much every bloke, good or bad, is fine to just hang out and have a beer with.

Case in point: one of my flatmates is relatively easy to get along with and is allright to have a beer with. He has a Nazi flag hanging up in his room. He is literally a racist. He's not inherently a bad bloke - it's the things he says and does that make him bad. Whether I get along with him or not is quite irrelevant.

TheJediBrah

Case in point: one of my flatmates is relatively easy to get along with and is allright to have a beer with. He has a Nazi flag hanging up in his room. He is literally a racist. He's not inherently a bad bloke - it's the things he says and does that make him bad. Whether I get along with him or not is quite irrelevant.
I don't get it, is there something wrong with him?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think the whole Starc pumping himself up to be a "bad man" after Warne's commentary is a bit overplayed.

Remember him and Adam Crosthwaite going at each other hard right at the start of Starc's state career, both carrying on a heap. It's just more that he's not a great bluffer when things aren't going well.

Flem274*

123/5
'Partner of Alyssa Healy'.

But seriously, his body will probably have the biggest say. If stays fit, an ODI ATG and given what he just produced in Sri Lanka, a Test cricketer of great repute too.

Hopefully he'll be remembered as a better bloke as he grows up. At the moment, he's about the biggest stain of an Australian cricketer that I can remember. And I haven't forgotten Brad Haddin.
tbh rather than racing to the moral high ground every time NZ play Australia, I'd much rather Guptill or Elliott or whoever it was had just belted Haddin over the skull with his bat when Haddin did the fake applause thing.

rather than engaging in our national sport of moaning about Australia, i'd rather we encouraged Australia to indulge in their true national sport - moaning about "the line" aka teams getting nasty to Australia and Australia not being able to handle it because they're a team of hypocritical pussies.

tl;dr a well placed Shane Bond beamer in 2007 Chappell-Hadlee would have prevented a lot of melodrama and Small Country Syndrome.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Really? Above Rads on the dickhead scale is a massive call.
It was a bad post. I didn't mean that at all.

Flem, I think you're posting from 2010 or so. Whinging about Australia isn't our national sport anymore, at least on a Joe Public level. The media still gets into this silly 'ooooh lookie lookie Australia isn't going well' crap as per the Olympics, but I get the feeling everyone else feels like we do well enough on our own not to give a ****. At least I hope so.

I'll happily call out any knob head from any country across the world, whether it's Brad Haddin, Mitchell Starc, Steve Smith, David Warner, Nathan Lyon, Shane Watson or any other international player. Wait, what? Same team? ****.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, whats Nathan Lyon ever done to be lumped in with those ****s?

Genuine question.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If being ugly makes you a ****.........then I'm well and truly ****ed too.

I mean all the other names Steve mentioned........dead set ****heads to a man, but Nathan Lyon??? Unless there is something I don't know about the only thing he has ever done wrong is be massively underappreciated by his own.

Spikey

I believe he was the one who made the "lucky you're playing at home" or whatever comment