Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1364
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

  1. #61
    International Coach hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    13,127
    I don't really understand what Athlai's problem with Raval is at this point.

    No, he should be nowhere near the limited overs squad. The point of these A games is to get a look at players and to keep them playing against good opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

    - Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

  2. #62
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    36,957
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I don't really understand what Athlai's problem with Raval is at this point.

    No, he should be nowhere near the limited overs squad. The point of these A games is to get a look at players and to keep them playing against good opponents.
    I just feel like I remember reading that it'd be used as selection basis for the ODI leg of this tour to India and Raval shouldn't be anywhere near limited overs selection.
    Direbirds FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT

  3. #63
    International Coach hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    13,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I just feel like I remember reading that it'd be used as selection basis for the ODI leg of this tour to India and Raval shouldn't be anywhere near limited overs selection.
    Yeah they're probably gonna go full circle and drop Guptill from the ODI team

  4. #64
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    24,178
    lol, with the way McLogic has been lately, I wouldn't put that past him...


  5. #65
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    36,957
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Yeah they're probably gonna go full circle and drop Guptill from the ODI team
    Oh my god that'd be great

  6. #66
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I just feel like I remember reading that it'd be used as selection basis for the ODI leg of this tour to India and Raval shouldn't be anywhere near limited overs selection.
    I guess the more pertinent question is if anyone isn't there who deserves to be there/should be there instead of Jeet? I knew Jeet was a poor T20/List A bat but I didn't know his record was that awful.

    By the way, Robbie O/Chapman/Glenny P are all going to make fools of Kippax by playing for NZ in the next 3-5 years. Guns, one and all.

  7. #67
    International Captain Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Natural variation
    Posts
    5,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I just feel like I remember reading that it'd be used as selection basis for the ODI leg of this tour to India and Raval shouldn't be anywhere near limited overs selection.
    I think they're probably really close to playing Raval in November against Pakistan, so they put him in the team that didn't have Nuttall/Henry/Kuggs. Probably asked those three to lay on a Raval vs. Fast Stuff compilation for the selectors to have a look at later. Bugger all pace in any pitch in New Zealand in September though, of course.
    Don't squander the gold of your days making a shrine of cricket videos, trying to improve the hopeless failure, giving your life away to the Blockys, the Devciches and the Weerasundaras! Surrender your devout little cricketing heart to the inured agribusinessman.

    NEW ZEALAND RAIN RADAR . AUSTRALIAN RAIN RADAR . ENGLAND RAIN RADAR

  8. #68
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    36,957
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    I guess the more pertinent question is if anyone isn't there who deserves to be there/should be there instead of Jeet? I knew Jeet was a poor T20/List A bat but I didn't know his record was that awful.

    By the way, Robbie O/Chapman/Glenny P are all going to make fools of Kippax by playing for NZ in the next 3-5 years. Guns, one and all.
    For one dayers? Sure. For tests? Ehhh, Raval is probably most deserving.we had a weird shift of all our middle order old farts turning themselves into openers to try get in the Test team. Unfortunately none of them are particularly good at it

  9. #69
    International Captain Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Natural variation
    Posts
    5,944
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    By the way, Robbie O/Chapman/Glenny P are all going to make fools of Kippax by playing for NZ in the next 3-5 years. Guns, one and all.
    Dead Meat likes this.

  10. #70
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Marsden Bay, NZ
    Posts
    22,175
    What's Chapman's eligibility situation? Played for Hong Kong at the World T20, didn't he?

  11. #71
    International Captain Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Natural variation
    Posts
    5,944
    New Zealand father, so good to go.

  12. #72
    International Captain Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Natural variation
    Posts
    5,944
    Last edited by Kippax; 14-09-2016 at 08:02 AM.
    straw man likes this.

  13. #73
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dead Meat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Gully
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    "He's thrown a kettle over a pub. What have you ever done?"
    Kippax likes this.

  14. #74
    School Boy/Girl Captain Slippaah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    I think they're probably really close to playing Raval in November against Pakistan, so they put him in the team that didn't have Nuttall/Henry/Kuggs. Probably asked those three to lay on a Raval vs. Fast Stuff compilation for the selectors to have a look at later. Bugger all pace in any pitch in New Zealand in September though, of course.
    Original trial teams selected had NZ XI top 5 bats v EP pace bowling unit with SB helping as Coach this week. When racing certainties for India CM and GW did not front team balance shifted , Raval swapped teams and Rutherford was added to the mix. Anderson and Milne played as batsmen. A September wicket in NZ a far cry from India so as Kippax says selectors are looking down the road. ODI batting selection demands productivity so 45+ Average at 100 + SR at Lincoln the likely minimum to bolt you onto the plane to Dharamsala. Even if you manage that still not going to happen.

  15. #75
    International Captain Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Natural variation
    Posts
    5,944
    128/3 | NEW ZEALAND XI vs NZC EMERGING PLAYERS

    Will Young century on the cards.

    Well I mean a Will Young century is never on the cards, but he's 65*. No Worker or Chapman today and Wheeler may have done something in-game. A Howick-Pak player called Liam Winn is making up the numbers.
    Last edited by Kippax; 14-09-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16
    By Kippax in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2502
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 01:11 AM
  2. Replies: 2027
    Last Post: 12-08-2015, 11:15 PM
  3. Replies: 1975
    Last Post: 17-04-2009, 12:43 PM
  4. ***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09***
    By Silver Arrow in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
  5. ***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2007/08
    By Silver Arrow in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 509
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •