• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Umpiring!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Still, and will to my dying day, say Asoka de Silva v Brendon McCullum, Bangladesh 2008 is the worst. In fact a lot of Ashocka's work goes near.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worst decision ever is Ganguly caught by moin khan in the 1999 series vs Pakistan. He smashed the ball into the ground, which bounced up, struck silly point on the shin, lobbed up and bounced on the ground again before Moin claimed a diving catch. It was a disgrace.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Shakeel Khan in the 1st Pakistan vs England test in 1987 really was taking the piss, however aggrieved they felt about Constant's efforts back in 1982 and beyond.

That being said, England have benefited from a few too.
Whoever was giving those LBWs at Trent Bridge in 2005 when two or three Aus batsmen fairly obviously edged the ball into their pads deserved at least an MBE imo.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Worst decision ever is Ganguly caught by moin khan in the 1999 series vs Pakistan. He smashed the ball into the ground, which bounced up, struck silly point on the shin, lobbed up and bounced on the ground again before Moin claimed a diving catch. It was a disgrace.
Hadn't seen this before, it is amazing.

The inflammatory youtube title is completely unnecessary. Vaguely sarcastic use of 'idiosyncratic' here is much more effective.

vcs

Probably the most blatant pair of LBWs I've seen that weren't given.

OverratedSanity

Hadn't seen this before, it is amazing.

The inflammatory youtube title is completely unnecessary. Vaguely sarcastic use of 'idiosyncratic' here is much more effective.
Thats the one. Sachin's ton won't have been in vain if not for that ****e decision. :(

Only decision I can think of that comes close is that Flintoff caught behind in NZ.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9qJagmruQ

Wtf :laugh:

Last edited:

vcs

On the flipside, this was probably the best umpiring decision I saw.

My goodness, that Test match and that spell by Steyn. Will never forget it as long as I live.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Only decision I can think of that comes close is that Flintoff caught behind in NZ.

Wtf :laugh:
:laugh: just goes to show - this is the kind of decision we used to have a moan about.

Now when people have a massive strop over an umpiring call it's "But was there enough evidence to overturn?!?"

Doesn't matter. Look at this ****.

Meridio

International Regular
This has got to be up there. I mean, it's one thing for an on-field umpire to make a bad call, but for a third umpire?!

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's just Rob being Rob I think. Also I think he changes titles regularly and puts in those ones to deter/make obvious stealers.
Here's another one. Nasser is certainly up there in unlucky decisions.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
This one cost NZ a test win at the MCG (finished in a draw) - back when Danny Morrison had hair and wasn't a commentator. Talking of commentators they knew plumb when they saw it

Last edited: