• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
De Villiers is a big blow. Hard to see how they have the batting to compete with us now.

Burgey

SA will be a big chance because Australia's batting is so prone to massive collapses and they have the quality bowlers to exploit it. If you're taking 20 wickets you're always a shout.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
De Villiers is a big blow. Hard to see how they have the batting to compete with us now.
Amla`s form is and was always our biggest issue (see India last year), Amla scores runs SA scores runs more than when AB does.... I think Bavuma and QDK scoring runs with the lower order will also be critical. I think our batting will be competitive. I do think that SA has a far better front-line bowlers than Aus, without Starc the porcelain Aus bowlers don`t look impressive to me...

Xuhaib

International Coach
if he had a persistent elbow issue why was it not addressed during the off season while he was merrily playing IPL and CPL this is the moment South Africa badly needed him to step up and he's got himself on the surgery table.

Burgey

Because all he cares about is Arthur Ashe, like most modern players. It obviously meant more to him to hit DLF Maximums in a Mickey Mouse, made for TV/ illegal betting competition than does playing for his country.

And that, kids, is why he has never been, is not, nor will he ever be The One True AB.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
if he had a persistent elbow issue why was it not addressed during the off season while he was merrily playing IPL and CPL this is the moment South Africa badly needed him to step up and he's got himself on the surgery table.
Probably cos he cbf sacrificing money for an organisation that tells him he can't choose his best players in the most important cricket match of his life.

Burgey

Probably cos he cbf sacrificing money for an organisation that tells him he can't choose his best players in the most important cricket match of his life.
Jono with the John Howard "it wasn't my generation what done it so what's the problem" approach to the fostering of non-white cricketers in SA.

Itstl.

Burgey

As a famously terrible political slogan once said "More to do, but heading in the right direction".