• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
thehellraiser said:
i think that pakistan probably has the best opening bowling attack in world cricket today
Pollock and Ntini easily better them I would say.

thehellraiser said:
razzaq is a world class allrounder.....handy bowling (better than agarkar and bangar on even his worst day)....and pretty effective late order hitting
A world class allrounder should possess more than "handy bowling" and late order hitting.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
Pollock and Ntini easily better them I would say.

A world class allrounder should possess more than "handy bowling" and late order hitting.
Pollock and ntini are probably better then sami and shoaib at the moment.But wait until sami is at his peak in a couple of years time then they will be the worlds best pair.If people call agarkar a world class allrounder then razzaq is a world class allrounder but razzaq is still not up to kallis.Razzaq is not only a late order slogger,remember he was batting at no 3 in the odis for quite a long time but he is at his best position now.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
pollock and ntini better that shoaib and sami?

i dont think so
i think that the s.african bowling line up is perhaps the weakest its been for the last ten years

they are very good but certainly not the best

just look at the pakistan series in october of last year....you will understand my point

sami and shoaib have been concistently winning matches for pakistan

and recent ly it is pakistans bowling that has won them matches.....the south african bowling line up has only sparked against the windies in recent months

and razzaq is a world class all rounder..... i think he can make any side based on bowling alone
he is also handy with the bat......as imranabb rightly pointed out....he had been batting at no 3 for pakistan.....he also has centuries in both forms of the game

many credible personalities such as boycott and tony grieg and ian chappell have gone on record to say that razzaq is one of the best al rounders in the world

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Razzaq is nowhere near World Class.

I can think of 4 or 5 All Rounders better than him just off the top of my head.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thehellraiser said:
and razzaq is a world class all rounder..... i think he can make any side based on bowling alone
Based on bowling alone, I don't think he'd have gotten into the West Indies side as his FC record is far from impressive. His Test record is even less so.

Batting-wise, perhaps, but he wouldn't get into Australia, England, India, West Indies, New Zealand (definitely not!), South Africa, dare I say Bangladesh and Zimbabwe too.

For those of you who are wondering:

Razzaq's FC avge : 30.90 (bowling)
52.5 SR
3.52 Econ

Tests
34.90 avge
72.2 SR
2.89 Econ

In ODIs I'd have him though.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
thehellraiser said:
many credible personalities such as boycott and tony grieg and ian chappell have gone on record to say that razzaq is one of the best al rounders in the world
:lol: :lol: When did they say that , Can you please quote them ??

Bouncer

State Regular
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
The real question is, can one guy in Akhter outgun six Gods (in Sachin,Dravid,Laxman,Ganguly, Sewag and Chopra)? I think its impossible for near impossible

It has happened in Past when one Pakistani either destroyed Indian Bowling or Indian Batting line up, Do u remember the bating line up the India had in 1982, if u dont let me go through that.
Gavaskar,Vengsarkar, Vishwanath, Amarnath, Patel, Kapil, and then the non regular batsmen Shastri, Kirmani,

Now do u remember what Imran did to them. I Am SURE YOU DO.

I am not saying that Akhter is going to blast through INdians as did Imran i am just saying considering the Passion they Pakistani cricketers have always had and more importantly and more importantly ability to perform beyond their abilities when playing India is the most crucial factor and thats why it (beating SIx Indian God's) is not very out of question.

Akhter might have taken quick 5-6 wkts against teams of the likes of NZ and Bang
Yeah the NZ side that India couldnt even beat on Home ground in last season :lol:

and why do u forget to Mention Aus and SA in that list, may be u r worried that thinking about it is going to make it happen to India.?

getting Indianteamout twice in a test match will be one hell of a job.

Yeah it has always been but has Pakistani bowlers have not done that in Past or not.U know the answer.??

Sami is wayward, Shabbir is vey ordinary pacer, Saqlain is past his best while spinner like Danish are hard to miss in any club team in India.
Sami played a county season last year, shabir has been signed by another for this season, there is something which makes NON Pakistani people think they are good and ignore people like Pathan, Baliji, oh and the greatest allrounder who is better than Imran Khan for many people i mean Agarkar. :lol:

In contrast Indian test attack (Ajit and Kumble will be back for test) have more variety and aggression.
"Aggrassion"Dude r u on Crack or something, :lol: :lol: for real man that is funny to even think that.

when Pak team has an opener of the class of Shaid Afridi which has been a laughing stock in international cricket since a long time. [/B]
Firstly he is not even chosen to play the whole series he is only picked up for first two ODI's and secondly people thought same about him when he had to face a better Indian Bowling attack in LAst India Tour (Srinath, Prasad, Kumble agarkar in ODI's etc) compared with this aggrasive attack, and as much as i remember he made them all look like laughing stack.

masterblaster

International Captain
Is the mudslinging going to continue or is there going to be some intelligent discussion on this thread?

Nobody said Agarkar was a World Class All Rounder mate,
he's a good bowler, Ive said that before and I'll say it again, he's a good bowler, not a world class one.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
originaly posted by sanz:

When did they say that , Can you please quote them ??

yes i can quote them

watch the shahrkah cup footage from the last sharjah tournament before the world cup

and i agree with everything that bouncer has said

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
and razzaq is a great all rounder but some people dont want to admit it because the all rounders that they have in their team are mediocore(agarkar and bangar jump to mind )

and razzaq has put up more of a performance on the ineternetaional scene than perhaps even yuvraj or kaif

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
In contrast Indian test attack (Ajit and Kumble will be back for test) have more variety and aggression.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hahahahahahahah

he must have lost it:D

V Reddy

International Debutant
thehellraiser said:
and razzaq is a great all rounder but some people dont want to admit it because the all rounders that they have in their team are mediocore(agarkar and bangar jump to mind )

and razzaq has put up more of a performance on the ineternetaional scene than perhaps even yuvraj or kaif
How can you people decide for yourself mate. A lot of people used to opine that he should be dropped. You won't believe the criticism he gets in India but the thing is he got the backing of influential people. It's the Mumbai wing of commentators like Gavaskar and Shastri who support him. Still many don't consider him much more than useful on his day. On Bangar, it's even worse. Just b'coz AA has following here doesn't mean it is the same case everywhere .

I consider Razzaq a good allrounder but great is reserved for people like Pollock,Kallis , etc,.

V Reddy

International Debutant
thehellraiser said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hahahahahahahah

he must have lost it:D
He certainly makes some stupid posts. If Indians were so good we wouldn't be losing any. All those Gods surprisingly mostly only do well on flat batting tracks.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
origianlly posted by vishnu reddy:
He certainly makes some stupid posts. If Indians were so good we wouldn't be losing any. All those Gods surprisingly mostly only do well on flat batting tracks

exactly my point. look i admire the indian batting lineup......but that statement about gods was totaly out of proportion. it just made me laugh.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
and vishnureddy

that post about the indian bowling attack having more agression was not posted by me.....it was posted by some guy like agaraajajajaja .....who make the most ludicrous comments on the forumwas not posted by me.....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
thehellraiser said:
yes i can quote them

watch the shahrkah cup footage from the last sharjah tournament before the world cup
Okay AR is the greatest allrounder of all time. :lol: