• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When was Azharuddin forgiven?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lets also take a moment to remember that Azhar cheated on his wife with a bollywood actress whom he later married.

I dont like to judge people, but he clearly isn't a great role model.
Tbf that's a great role model for many people.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mr_mister proving to be a top shelf poster IMO, once again proving Inner West is Best.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
and lol i'm fighting a war on 4 fronts here. anktji don't put words in my mouth - i never said what you said i said
OK mate. I did a bit of prapharasing for effect. I take that back.

Still find the reaction to effigy burning hilarious. To be clear I'm not like mad at you for supporting Azhar or something. It's just mildly amusing that effigy thing is viewed (in a different society) as something worth giving even a second thought.

listento_me

U19 Captain
I didn't even realise he was back in the public eye in India but following Younis Khan's revelation that he got a call from ZU with regards to his batting, helping him get that 200 odd and no one on SKy batted an eyelid. I thought there'd be at least one snide remark. None.

Tbh, all across the world, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, terrible, terrible human beings are let back into society, they walk your streets, work in your work places and are, to a certain extent, allowed to carry on living somewhat normal lives and earn a living.

Why should someone who was a sportsman and took some money on the side, nowhere near the type of crimes I quoted, not be allowed a way back? Why should he not be allowed redemption and some normality?

Whether it be Azharuddin, Hansje, Amir, what does it matter? As long as they are correctly punished, why do we have such a hangover with these guys?