• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft thread:XI's total sum of test batting averages no great than 250 runs(flexible)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Inspired by the total tests not exceeding 200 done earlier. I really enjoyed that one. Relatively straight forward idea. It also allows Bradman... At an extremely high cost. He soaks up a nearly half of your team's bank. I don't know if 250 is too low. It sounds really low... but I want people to be forced to make tight decisions. I also want there to be a severe penalty for picking Bradman.

If people think 300 is a little more fair, say so.

I'll start after 10 people sign up.

mr_mister

another one i was considering - combined sum of high scores no greater than 1000 (so mark waugh becomes a round 1 pick, dizzy becomes a terrible choice) but this one allows for Bradman so I leant with the averages.

mr_mister

yeah works out to about 23 per player on average. with a few clever bowling and keeping choices your top 6 might be able to average 30 each which i guess is still damn low.

Maybe I should bump it up to 300...

mr_mister

Alright lads, I'm feeling antsy so I'm starting this now. if people want to join before the first round is finished that's fine, they can just go at the bottom of round 1. It's random reverse as usual

20 hours for the very first pick, then 10 hours per pick after that. We'l use the recently established blueprint in the other draft currently running

Remember, your combined player's test batting averages can not exceed 250 total points.

Bradman is allowed.

Round 1 order:

schearzie
anil1405
stphndbsn
mr_mister
AldoRaine
Red Hill
OverratedSanity
weldone
AndrewB

mr_mister