• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ever limited overs batsman, 32 man tournament...... nominations thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No it won't.. if you seed you will have close matchups in every round.. #16 vs #17 in the first round for example.
If you seed you end up with the majority of matches being one sided because the whole nature of seeding means you bias the draw. As it happens the relative lack of seeding (ie only 4) has meant some better match ups but even now it's a lot of pointless votes.

viriya

International Captain
If you seed you end up with the majority of matches being one sided because the whole nature of seeding means you bias the draw. As it happens the relative lack of seeding (ie only 4) has meant some better match ups but even now it's a lot of pointless votes.
The point of seeding is to increase competitive matchups and allow the top performers to get to the final rounds. Both positive outcomes. But I don't think I will convince you :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Who cares if Joe Bloggs is knocked out in round 1 or the semi finals? The whole idea of a knock out is solely to find a winner.

I find it ironic that you think that seeding increases the competitive match ups when by definition you are actually reducing the competitivity by fixing the draw in round 1, rendering it pretty pointless.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think an enjoyable and fair way to these drafts is say 'who are the 4 (8) worst players' and they get eliminated. You then do it again until we are left with 8 or 16 and we revert back to 4 groups of 2 or 4. This way we are left with the best and should ensure the 'right' people are in at the business end. I would also scrap pre-determined paths (on who plays who next). Part of the fun is hoping x player gets a nice draw.