• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name an overrated and an underrated cricketer

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol fun topic.

Just define what you mean by overrated and underrated here. Do you mean overrated/underrated by CW? Or by cricketing world in general? Or just players we don't like (overrated) and players we like (underrated)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol fun topic.

Just define what you mean by overrated and underrated here. Do you mean overrated/underrated by CW? Or by cricketing world in general? Or just players we don't like (overrated) and players we like (underrated)
Hmmm... both criterias sound interesting so use whichever you please. I just had cricketing world in general for mine as I still don't know CW's opinions inside and out

Kirkut

International Regular
It's hard to call any player overrated, there are no specific standards to be judged with.

Underrated : Shivnarine Chanderpaul. Bloke's played 164 tests, made nearly 12000 runs at an average of 51.37 and is treated like a ghost in fandom arena.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Underrated : Shivnarine Chanderpaul. Bloke's played 164 tests, made nearly 12000 runs at an average of 51.37 and is treated like a ghost in fandom arena.

So essentially right up there with Sachin stats wise(my choice for overrated, which you abstained from) yet you would not find one person who'd wouldn't laugh at you if you suggested Chanderpaul was on Sachin's level, despite both having faced the tough '90s attacks(though I guess he avoided Ambrose and Walsh)

91Jmay

International Coach
Alex Hales averages 34 with a SR of 88 in ODIs. I'd say most people rate him at about that level, don't they? A decent ODI opener.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Alex Hales averages 34 with a SR of 88 in ODIs. I'd say most people rate him at about that level, don't they? A decent ODI opener.
Most people go by stats and rate him higher than Roy in ODIs. I think in the long-run Roy will be much better.