• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favourite Cricket Stadium Name

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I like the small ones where there are trees, openness and birds are chirping if you choose to lend your ear to it. There is one in Salt Lake in Kolkata. Bengal played a few Ranji matches there last season. There were some boys playing nearby with the tennis ball and a couple of times their tennis ball entered the first class game. A cop got out of his chair, travelled half way across the field to the bemusement of the twenty of us watching. He told them not to hit the ball this side and came back. Then, we got back to the cricket in the middle. Cricket on smaller fields captures the soul of the game. Over the last few years, I have become more fond of these smaller grounds. Love them.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I like the small ones where there are trees, openness and birds are chirping if you choose to lend your ear to it. There is one in Salt Lake in Kolkata. Bengal played a few Ranji matches there last season. There were some boys playing nearby with the tennis ball and a couple of times their tennis ball entered the first class game. A cop got out of his chair, travelled half way across the field to the bemusement of the twenty of us watching. He told them not to hit the ball this side and came back. Then, we got back to the cricket in the middle. Cricket on smaller fields captures the soul of the game. Over the last few years, I have become more fond of these smaller grounds. Love them.
Ok Pratters. But what's the name of the ground?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
images.jpg

Jadavapur University Ground (second campus). It's used by the Cricket Association of Bengal as their second ground. They maintain it quite well.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hampshire used to play just down the road from me at May's Bounty, the attractiveness of the name alone being enough to persuade my girlfriend at University to go to a game - she didn't enjoy the cricket much, but guzzled a couple of bottles of Beaujolais iirc

cpr

International Coach
What do people who live in those places call them?
I used to live in Old Trafford, a place that ran out of original names for places at least 2 stadiums ago. Lancs played at the cricket ground, Man Utd at Old Trafford (or if you were gibing directions/location, you'd say 'Up by/past Utd') - you never actually talked about going into Old Trafford, or living there, out of sheer embarrassment

Stapel

International Regular
Centurion! For the simple reason the city was named after the park, when its inhabitants needed a new name for their hometown, as Verwoerdburg wouldn't do any longer.

It's a shame the name of the stadium was altered.....