• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who belongs on cricket's Mount Rushmore?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tendulkar drew in the crowds. It's not certain the subcontinent would have rallied in the same way around Azhar 96-99 say. An icon helps the sport a lot. Just look at how Jordan or Tiger helped golf. Tendulkar had that impact on cricket in India. We were already cricket mad but it reached a crazy frenzy during that time.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah literally bawled like a baby when he retired. Our church has a three hour mass and I could get through them only by replaying entire Tendulkar innings in my head. Tendulkar is thus, like Jesus. He helped me get closer to God.

smash84

The Tiger King
Worshipped and loved like no other in the history of the game.
true, that's a good point but Imran was as much worshipped in Pakistan as a celebrity can be but yeah, probably the adulation that Tendulkar had in India was more

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah literally bawled like a baby when he retired. Our church has a three hour mass and I could get through them only by replaying entire Tendulkar innings in my head. Tendulkar is thus, like Jesus. He helped me get closer to God.
fmd that must be hard

smash84

The Tiger King
Tendulkar drew in the crowds. It's not certain the subcontinent would have rallied in the same way around Azhar 96-99 say. An icon helps the sport a lot. Just look at how Jordan or Tiger helped golf. Tendulkar had that impact on cricket in India. We were already cricket mad but it reached a crazy frenzy during that time.
true but Imran was a pretty good crowd puller and of course every country will have their own crowd pullers.

Although if you are tyring to argue the same point as Daemon then that is a fair point but still Imran trumps him imo.

I am outnumbered 6 to 1 on this it seems :ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
There is Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath, Dennis Lillee, Frank Worrell among other great players the game has produced.
yes there is a good case for Dennis Lillee and Frank Worrel but I am not that knowledgeable about Worrell and I still rate Lillee below Imran as an overall cricketer and his impact on the game (despite Lillee's impact being pretty significant, even Imran became a fast bowler after he saw Lillee bowl).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrible. Probably the biggest reason I started questioning my faith.
Good job, I'd have started questioning it the moment I saw someone trying to measure mass in hours rather than kilograms. :ph34r:

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
ANZ -- Sir Don ..Greatest batsman of all time..greatest ball player period
England -- WG ...Supposedly , Inventor of modern batsmanship
West Indies -- Sir Gary..Master of all cricketing discipline
India,Pak,Bangla, SL -- SRT .. Most Complete batsman of all time and by having the largest fan base,richest cricketing nation India takes the place in the Mountain and BCCI can pay for it too :) and this Why Indians love Sachin Tendulkar - BBC News. As mentioned in the article it is stunning how he brought these diverse people together just by his batting. Unparalleled.

Sorry SA,Zim..

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Gary Sobers, Jacques Kallis, Graeme Pollock, Basil D'Olivieira, Andy Flower. Just some names I felt I had to toss ion there on account I feel they are underrepresented