cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: An article about DRS - The Hidden Fine Print of Hawk Eye

  1. #1
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    32

    An article about DRS - The Hidden Fine Print of Hawk Eye


  2. #2
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    27,744
    Why put words into the BCCI's mouth? They're grown ups who can outline their own decisions.

    That's how alarmingly limited the DRS can be. This is what the BCCI mean when they say this review system (DRS) is not comprehensive enough to be used. Their objection is not against reviewing and correcting wrong decisions, but against the limited system presently in place for doing so.

    In light of the Voges decision where there is a lot of room for arguments, the present review system is just glaringly limited in its scope.
    So according to the article, the reason the BCCI don't want to use DRS is because there are incidents like the recent no ball call where there was no opportunity to review. Hence some incorrect decisions are still standing.

    But a quick google of 'bcci on drs' shows that to be not only false but completely backwards.

    No DRS until it becomes 'foolproof' - Manohar | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

    Shashank Manohar, the BCCI president, has closed the door on the Decision Review System (DRS), saying that unless the system became "foolproof", India's stance would remain unchanged. Responding to questions from the public on BCCI's Facebook account, Manohar said that India's sole issue with DRS concerned lbw decisions. Manohar pointed out that he had raised this issue even during his first stint as BCCI president, between 2008 and 2011.

    "Actually telling you the truth, the BCCI was never against the DRS system right from the time of my earlier tenure," Manohar said. "We had issues only regarding the leg before decisions to be decided by the DRS system. For everything else we were accepting the DRS system."

    Manohar said that in his previous tenure as BCCI president, the ICC had asked India to accept DRS as a whole, which the board rejected.

    "At the ICC meeting, it was decided that either we accept the DRS system as a whole or we don't accept a DRS system. We were not willing. And today also we are not willing to accept the DRS system for leg-before system because when you shoot it from a distance, a parallax develops and then you are not able to give the exact direction of the delivery.
    There's nothing from the BCCI that I can find commenting on the process of DRS at all. They are continuing to say what they always have, which is that they don't trust ball tracking technology.

    Not sure if you read the article you've linked to or you're just trying to ruffle some feathers but it's a **** article. Most likely it's from a writer who intends to make excuses for the BCCI, and attempt to make their position sound more reasonable than it actually is.
    We are lost
    We can never go home

  3. #3
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

    So according to the article, the reason the BCCI don't want to use DRS is because there are incidents like the recent no ball call where there was no opportunity to review. Hence some incorrect decisions are still standing.
    The point of the article is not that because no ball can't be reviewed DRS will not be used by BCCI. When is that even the point? And yes, thank you for stating the obvious, BCCI want the tech to be accurate before they use it. Thats the whole point of the 40 cm inaccuracy being hidden from the public, and the 2mm at stumps inaccuracy that makes the difference between out and Umpire's call. The inaccuracy in Hawk Eye that is almost never talked about.

    I would normally ask you to read the whole article before trying to respond. However you already had the chance to do than but read just one page of 4 and started ranting so I will not waste my time telling you that.

    Feel what you want, if you cant even read an article properly what use is your opinion.
    zorax likes this.

  4. #4
    International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    12,573
    great but doesn't really change the fact that BCCI not wanting to use DRS is completely bat**** crazy and stupid

    Even if the error margin was 3x what it is you're still going to get more correct decisions than not using the DRS (isn't that the whole point?). So the logic is that if we can't have 100% accuracy in every possible way then we don't want anything and we'd rather just have orders of magnitude more atrocious decisions getting made match after match. That's beyond stupid.
    Prince EWS likes this.


  5. #5
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    great but doesn't really change the fact that BCCI not wanting to use DRS is completely bat**** crazy and stupid

    Even if the error margin was 3x what it is you're still going to get more correct decisions than not using the DRS (isn't that the whole point?). So the logic is that if we can't have 100% accuracy in every possible way then we don't want anything and we'd rather just have orders of magnitude more atrocious decisions getting made match after match. That's beyond stupid.
    Yeah another Einstein. More accurate based on the evidence and data from the very thing that has an error margin in it, which makes all 'more accurate' stat as useful and correct as actual bat****. If you don't get that then you are more actually bat**** crazy and stupid. On top of that you want to 3x the error range ... good one. Go learn basic logic somewhere you stupid fag.

    You are clearly too stupid to understand this so let me break it down to kiddie level for you.

    Suppose I am DRS, except instead of correcting decisions, I am something that answers GK questions or Maths. Expect I secretly I as the maths answering machine have an error range that I have hidden from everyone.

    So if a kid is asked what is 2213232423+3224534634 and he has 5, and then its checked with me, and since my error range is hidden, everything I say, like every imaginary line Hawk Eye draws is taken at face value. So I say the sum is 23085357474687.

    Second question what is 4250242 x 34923855 and kid say 3, but I say 8325092095245450.

    Now in both cases I am assumed correct as everyone thinks i am a fking genious, and so I am 100% more accurate than that kid. But in truth I am 0 % accurate, and 100% different from what the kid said, but just as wrong when the accuracy of my answers are actually checked.

    Now with math you can check the answers but with DRS there is no way to check whether that fking line that appeared on screen is actually correct.

    All we know is that its different from what the Umpire said but it too could be wrong. Now if we take that line at face value to be correct then its 100% more accurate like the robot is with the kid. BUt when you realise that the line drawing artist system has a hidden error range then that 100% more accurate turns to 100% more different.

    Its saying something different from the Umpire just like the hidden error math machine said something different from the kid. However how do we know what the line, different from the Umpire's view is actually correct. So far it was assumed that its correct, cos duh, its has to be right. When the error margin is exposed though, thats just a fking imaginary line which may not even be correct.

    It differs from the Umps, but is it correct every time it differs... no when you consider the error range. Prensently everyime DRS differs from Umps its taken into the +1 more accurate.

    However when the line itself could be wrong it potentially goes into +1 error box.

    Hence all those more accurate stats are bullsh!t.

    Now you fking Einstein want to 3x this error range making all more accurate stats 3x more irrelevant.

    If you don't get that then fk off and stop being a waste of human flesh.
    Last edited by Attitude; 17-02-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    zorax and Day Man like this.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    18,733
    Dude, you're gonna have to start showing a lot more respect to other posters if you're planning on staying here for longer than a week.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

    The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

    Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

  7. #7
    International Captain Adders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Posts
    6,799
    What?? How is he going to have an option of "staying here" after that fouled mouthed abuse?? Jesus if that doesn't get him an instant ban then I don't know what will........

    Edit:

    Good work.......filth like that has no place anywhere but certainly not here.
    Last edited by Adders; 17-02-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    You flew out to India
    When your country needed you
    Century on debut ,
    What a find.....

    Na na na na na na na na na

    Ali Ali Cook , Ali Cook , Ali Ali Cook

    Na na na na na na na na na

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpy9JPZH3E

  8. #8
    Global Moderator Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    18,733
    Well, the way the infraction system works, one offence doesn't get you a long ban, but it seems he was already on the edge before today.

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

  9. #9
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    63,014
    Really looking forward to his return. Adds a lot to the forum.

    Actually, no. He's just a ****.
    _Ed_ and Jord like this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.


    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  10. #10
    International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    12,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude View Post
    Yeah another Einstein. More accurate based on the evidence and data from the very thing that has an error margin in it, which makes all 'more accurate' stat as useful and correct as actual bat****. If you don't get that then you are more actually bat**** crazy and stupid. On top of that you want to 3x the error range ... good one. Go learn basic logic somewhere you stupid fag.

    You are clearly too stupid to understand this so let me break it down to kiddie level for you.

    Suppose I am DRS, except instead of correcting decisions, I am something that answers GK questions or Maths. Expect I secretly I as the maths answering machine have an error range that I have hidden from everyone.

    So if a kid is asked what is 2213232423+3224534634 and he has 5, and then its checked with me, and since my error range is hidden, everything I say, like every imaginary line Hawk Eye draws is taken at face value. So I say the sum is 23085357474687.

    Second question what is 4250242 x 34923855 and kid say 3, but I say 8325092095245450.

    Now in both cases I am assumed correct as everyone thinks i am a fking genious, and so I am 100% more accurate than that kid. But in truth I am 0 % accurate, and 100% different from what the kid said, but just as wrong when the accuracy of my answers are actually checked.

    Now with math you can check the answers but with DRS there is no way to check whether that fking line that appeared on screen is actually correct.

    All we know is that its different from what the Umpire said but it too could be wrong. Now if we take that line at face value to be correct then its 100% more accurate like the robot is with the kid. BUt when you realise that the line drawing artist system has a hidden error range then that 100% more accurate turns to 100% more different.

    Its saying something different from the Umpire just like the hidden error math machine said something different from the kid. However how do we know what the line, different from the Umpire's view is actually correct. So far it was assumed that its correct, cos duh, its has to be right. When the error margin is exposed though, thats just a fking imaginary line which may not even be correct.

    It differs from the Umps, but is it correct every time it differs... no when you consider the error range. Prensently everyime DRS differs from Umps its taken into the +1 more accurate.

    However when the line itself could be wrong it potentially goes into +1 error box.

    Hence all those more accurate stats are bullsh!t.

    Now you fking Einstein want to 3x this error range making all more accurate stats 3x more irrelevant.

    If you don't get that then fk off and stop being a waste of human flesh.
    Not really concerned about the personal insults but none of this post even makes any sense

    If you want to use a "math solving robot" analogy then it would be like having 2 robots, one that gets things wrong 10% of the time, and one that get things wrong 0.05% of the time, yet BCCI still wants to use the one that gets things wrong 10% of the time (despite being like 200x worse) just because the more accurate robot isn't perfect

    I've still never seen a logical argument from anyone ever as to why BCCI doesn't want to use DRS, but would be really interested in hearing one because right now it's just bizarre af why they refuse to use it

  11. #11
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    3,670
    Thanks for stopping by Jayesh.

  12. #12
    International Coach mr_mister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    10,923
    lol, so a guy makes his username Attitude then decides to have an attitude. yawn - perma ban this lame SOB
    cricket rules brah

  13. #13
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    20,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude View Post
    If you don't get that then fk off and stop being a waste of human flesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude View Post
    Feel what you want, if you cant even read an article properly what use is your opinion.
    10/10.

    Can't wait for the ban to end
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

    The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

    iTunes
    SoundCloud

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

  14. #14
    U19 Vice-Captain Jord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    511
    Does anyone know if his assertion that the error margin on ball tracking is actually true and that they're hiding it?

  15. #15
    International Captain indiaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,343
    What is his assertion? Can't read through that.
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Heh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hidden Ashes
    By watson in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 03:23 AM
  2. Anguish of the Hidden Truth
    By fredfertang in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-12-2011, 08:42 AM
  3. The Fine Line: Would You Walk?
    By adharcric in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 09:44 AM
  4. Deep Fine Leg
    By Lach in forum Cricket Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-07-2002, 06:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •