• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2015 teams of the year announced

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trent Boult (NZ)
Mohammed Shami (Ind)
Mitchell Starc (Aus)
Mustafizur Rahman (Bang)
Imran Tahir (SA)
12th: Joe Root (Eng)

oh bless you adorable kiwis you try your best

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon Maxwell should have gone in the ODI side. They've picked 4 opening bowlers from 7 down and 6 top four batsmen.

It's like a team picked by crisimmers.
Shami and Mustafizur aren't really opening bowlers. Shami probably got in because of his death bowling in the WC.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i still find it so weird Boult is batting @ 7

are the 4 bowlers under him that terrible at batting?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Trent Boult (NZ)
Mohammed Shami (Ind)
Mitchell Starc (Aus)
Mustafizur Rahman (Bang)
Imran Tahir (SA)
12th: Joe Root (Eng)

oh bless you adorable kiwis you try your best
Why would we be talking about ODIs? This is CW. Rule 1: we're talking about tests

Burgey

Australia plainly lucky to win the WC with only two worthy players in the side. Is there some criteria that most, if not all countries have to get someone into these teams?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
In terms of the ODI side put Grant Elliot or Glenn Maxwell in at no 5 (averages in the mid 40s and s/rs over 100) and useful for a few overs and James Faulkner in at 7. Fixed.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Someone like Soumya Sarkar could be a decent addition too. That ODI batting lineup looks really unbalanced. Ross Taylor is not a no 6 - either pick him at 4 or don't pick him.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone like Soumya Sarkar could be a decent addition too. That ODI batting lineup looks really unbalanced. Ross Taylor is not a no 6 - either pick him at 4 or don't pick him.
Sarkar would be my ODI opener along with Dilshan/McCullum. If Sanga plays, then McCullum sits out.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If the time considered includes the Pakistan-Australia series in 2014 then Sarfraz is a well deserved inclusion

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Probs a bit early since it's only just December but for the calendar year so far:

1. A Cook*
2. D Warner
3. K Williamson
4. Y Khan
5. S Smith
6. J Root
7. BJ Watling+
8. R Ashwin
9. M Starc
10. S Braod
11. J Anderson

12th: Yasir Shah

Spikey

Australia plainly lucky to win the WC with only two worthy players in the side. Is there some criteria that most, if not all countries have to get someone into these teams?
tpc and starceh are just that good

OverratedSanity

Reckon Kohli deserved a spot in the side for the period that was taken into consideration. That Australia tour he had...

Daemon

No big hundreds and tbf, there isn't much of an argument to drop any of the others

Gob

International Coach
Yeah that tour of Aust from Virat was one of the best I've seen from a touring batsman