• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PETITION:Give T20I status to Namibia

https://www.change.org/p/icc-give-t20i-status-to-namibia?just_created=true

Namibia have been a regular member in Associates.They have missed out on qualification for ICC events in the past and once again they missed it today by the touching distance.There opening batsmen Stephen Baard is the highest run getter of this tournament.It was heartbreaking to see their cricketers cry after missing out on qualification.Giving T20I status to Namibia would only benefit cricket itself.Namibia have their U19 team qualify for WC for last few WCs and I think they are one of the emerging sides.They are actually a team who care about cricket and not money

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
https://www.change.org/p/icc-give-t20i-status-to-namibia?just_created=true

Namibia have been a regular member in Associates.They have missed out on qualification for ICC events in the past and once again they missed it today by the touching distance.There opening batsmen Stephen Baard is the highest run getter of this tournament.It was heartbreaking to see their cricketers cry after missing out on qualification.Giving T20I status to Namibia would only benefit cricket itself.Namibia have their U19 team qualify for WC for last few WCs and I think they are one of the emerging sides.They are actually a team who care about cricket and not money
Give us more details what was the score in the important match they lost. Why can't they wait to qualify next year, Have they been unfairly treated.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Give us more details what was the score in the important match they lost. Why can't they wait to qualify next year, Have they been unfairly treated.
I think the OP copy pasted a post written in the time during T20 WC qualifiers. Namibia had a heartbreaking loss to Oman in the decider and lost to HK before coming into the decider if I am not wrong. They take part in South Africa domestic tourneys.

I think the OP copy pasted a post written in the time during T20 WC qualifiers. Namibia had a heartbreaking loss to Oman in the decider and lost to HK before coming into the decider if I am not wrong. They take part in South Africa domestic tourneys.
No they lost to Netherlands before.Nepal were given T20I status even after it was expired and during that they managed to play some T20Is same should happen with Namibia

Oman team is full if expats who have the benefit of playing some FC cricket against good players back in their homeland.On the other side Namibia had the best player,batsmen and bowler of the tournament